ActiveX Control Messages from Local App (IE7)

MJS

ActiveX Control Messages from Local App (IE7)
How do I get rid of all the messages IE (6/7) generates as a result of
Javascript/ActiveX controls being used inside a web application
(HTML/Javascript) that resides on my local hard drive? This was intended to
be a quick and dirty little app to be executed locally from my laptop only,
but all those messages make for an annoying demo. Is there some way to
attach credentials to it, 'trust' it so that I can get rid of the messages
and copy it onto other machines for local use?

If I'm posting this to the wrong forum, please let me know.

MJS

Leonard Grey

Re: ActiveX Control Messages from Local App (IE7)
Do a web search with this search term: mark of the web.

It's almost like a talisman.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

MJS wrote:
> How do I get rid of all the messages IE (6/7) generates as a result of
> Javascript/ActiveX controls being used inside a web application
> (HTML/Javascript) that resides on my local hard drive? This was intended to
> be a quick and dirty little app to be executed locally from my laptop only,
> but all those messages make for an annoying demo. Is there some way to
> attach credentials to it, 'trust' it so that I can get rid of the messages
> and copy it onto other machines for local use?
>
> If I'm posting this to the wrong forum, please let me know.
>
> MJS

Re: ActiveX Control Messages from Local App (IE7)
Asked/Answered in IE Security newsgroup. If you must make identical posts
to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of them.
Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

MJS wrote:
> How do I get rid of all the messages IE (6/7) generates as a result of
> Javascript/ActiveX controls being used inside a web application
> (HTML/Javascript) that resides on my local hard drive? This was intended
> be a quick and dirty little app to be executed locally from my laptop
> only,
> but all those messages make for an annoying demo. Is there some way to
> attach credentials to it, 'trust' it so that I can get rid of the messages
> and copy it onto other machines for local use?
>
> If I'm posting this to the wrong forum, please let me know.
>
> MJS

MJS

Re: ActiveX Control Messages from Local App (IE7)
How do I do that? Had I known you could (and how) I certainly would have.

MJS

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Asked/Answered in IE Security newsgroup. If you must make identical posts
> to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of them.
> Thank you.
>
> Multiposting vs Crossposting:
> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> MJS wrote:
> > How do I get rid of all the messages IE (6/7) generates as a result of
> > Javascript/ActiveX controls being used inside a web application
> > (HTML/Javascript) that resides on my local hard drive? This was intended
> > be a quick and dirty little app to be executed locally from my laptop
> > only,
> > but all those messages make for an annoying demo. Is there some way to
> > attach credentials to it, 'trust' it so that I can get rid of the messages
> > and copy it onto other machines for local use?
> >
> > If I'm posting this to the wrong forum, please let me know.
> >
> > MJS

MJS

Re: ActiveX Control Messages from Local App (IE7)
Well tried it but maybe I'm using the incorrect syntax. I added:

<!-- saved from url=(0085)file://Documents and Settings//my.name//My
Documents//rest_of_file_path//index.html// -->

after the DOCTYPE declaration as advised. But when I saved the file
"file://" was stripped out. So I changed it to "C://" but that doesn't work.
So,

a) my syntax seems to be wrong in any event and,
b) if I send a copy of the app to someone else to store on their local
machine, they will save it to path other than the one I specified so is their
a dynamic way to build that string and have it work as a MOTW?

Thanks!

MJS

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Do a web search with this search term: mark of the web.
>
> It's almost like a talisman.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> MJS wrote:
> > How do I get rid of all the messages IE (6/7) generates as a result of
> > Javascript/ActiveX controls being used inside a web application
> > (HTML/Javascript) that resides on my local hard drive? This was intended to
> > be a quick and dirty little app to be executed locally from my laptop only,
> > but all those messages make for an annoying demo. Is there some way to
> > attach credentials to it, 'trust' it so that I can get rid of the messages
> > and copy it onto other machines for local use?
> >
> > If I'm posting this to the wrong forum, please let me know.
> >
> > MJS

Re: ActiveX Control Messages from Local App (IE7)
Crossposting is a snap if you use a newsreader:

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Setting up Windows Mail (Vista) to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/mi...-windows-mail/

Using that clunky web-interface, you must click on MORE OPTIONS in the REPLY
window and then enter the full newsgroup-name manually.
--
~PA Bear

MJS wrote:
> How do I do that? Had I known you could (and how) I certainly would have.
>
> MJS
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Asked/Answered in IE Security newsgroup. If you must make identical
>> posts
>> to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of them.
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Multiposting vs Crossposting:
>> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> MJS wrote:
>>> How do I get rid of all the messages IE (6/7) generates as a result of
>>> Javascript/ActiveX controls being used inside a web application
>>> (HTML/Javascript) that resides on my local hard drive? This was
>>> intended
>>> be a quick and dirty little app to be executed locally from my laptop
>>> only,
>>> but all those messages make for an annoying demo. Is there some way to
>>> attach credentials to it, 'trust' it so that I can get rid of the
>>> messages
>>> and copy it onto other machines for local use?
>>>
>>> If I'm posting this to the wrong forum, please let me know.
>>>
>>> MJS

MJS

RE: ActiveX Control Messages from Local App (IE7)
I was asked to supply the following information. I am using XP Pro.

The following are the specific messages I am getting.

"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this web
page from running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your
computer. Click here for options...."

which I allow then get the dialog box:

"Allowing active content such as script and ActiveX controls can be useful,
but active content might also harm your computer.

Are you sure you want to let this file run an active content?"

and I say yes and get yet another dialog box:

"An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other
parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?"

So any help on killing those messages for a local app would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

MJS