pictures

dennis

pictures
why all of a sudden does some pictures have a red x on them and will not
upload, use craigslist for an example
Leonard Grey

Re: pictures
Shall we just guess what versions of Internet Explorer and Windows you have?

To upload means to send data from your computer to a remote server. What
software are you using to upload? FTP is common.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

dennis wrote:
> why all of a sudden does some pictures have a red x on them and will not
> upload, use craigslist for an example

Erick39

RE: pictures

"dennis" wrote:

> why all of a sudden does some pictures have a red x on them and will not
> upload, use craigslist for an example

raddle

RE: pictures
I am having the same issue. when I go to craigs list it will not allow you
to see any pictures for the items posted. This did not happen previously.

I have IE7 with windows xp sp3

"Erick39" wrote:

> "dennis" wrote:
>
> > why all of a sudden does some pictures have a red x on them and will not
> > upload, use craigslist for an example

RE: pictures
I am having same problem since loading IE7. I am running XP sp3 also.

"raddle" wrote:

> I am having the same issue. when I go to craigs list it will not allow you
> to see any pictures for the items posted. This did not happen previously.
>
> I have IE7 with windows xp sp3
>
> "Erick39" wrote:
>

> > "dennis" wrote:
> >
> > > why all of a sudden does some pictures have a red x on them and will not
> > > upload, use craigslist for an example

Don Varnau

Re: pictures
Hi,
First, clear the Temporary Internet Files.

Then...
283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

In particular, see if a third-party security/ad-blocking program is not
playing nicely with IE7 after the installation of XP SP3.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"dennis" <dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why all of a sudden does some pictures have a red x on them and will not
> upload, use craigslist for an example

Don Varnau

Re: pictures
Hi,
See my reply to raddle's post.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"t" <t@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having same problem since loading IE7. I am running XP sp3 also.

> "raddle" wrote:
> > I am having the same issue. when I go to craigs list it will not allow

you
> > to see any pictures for the items posted. This did not happen

previously.

> > I have IE7 with windows xp sp3

not

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: pictures
"dennis" <dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why all of a sudden does some pictures have a red x on them and will not
> upload, use craigslist for an example

Because you were a bad boy.

From http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

Most of the contents of this page are from Don Varnau and Mike Burgess

There are many possible causes and solutions.
Try the quick, easy fix first. Clear the IE cache from IE> Tools> Internet
Options> General> Delete files and Delete offline content. Reset the TIF
folder size to about 50MB (Settings button) and clear it occasionally.

Also, go to Start | Run and type
regsvr32 /i mshtml
and press OK.

Next...
283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
Note: Repairing IE instead of reinstalling may work
194177 - Description of the Internet Explorer Repair Tool (Windows
95,98,98SE,ME,NT4-SP1,SP2,2000-SP1,SP2)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=194177
318378 - How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

221134 - Some Images, Contents, or Controls May Not Be Displayed When
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221134
- - - - -
Additional information from Mike Burgess:

Are you using a Firewall or "filtering software"?

Several of these are known to cause problems:
1) Zone Alarm Pro [Private Header Info - enabled?]
Reset "Ad Blocking" and "Cookie Control" to "medium"
"Mobile Code Control" = Off

2) Symantec (ISS\NIS)[Enable Browser Privacy - enabled]
Active Content - "Allow All Script To Execute"
Problem: some sites cannot detect the 128 bit encryption
Solution: Completely remove and reinstall NIS.
[more info]
Web Pages Display a Red "X" Instead of a Graphic
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316545 [Norton Products]

3) Any "ad blocking" software that blocks "http_referrer"
or contains entries that are blocking access to the desired site.

4) HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired
site.

5) Cookie blocking software that are blocking "required" Cookies.

6) Pop-up blockers that are stripping header\url info.

7) WebWasher Standard Filter/URL Filter

8) Make sure the following registry entry is not corrupt:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet
Settings]
"User Agent"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)"

Note: "Win32" = Windows 98\ME
Other versions = (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0

To check your "User Agent":
Paste the below into the Address Bar and view the output:

javascript:navigator.userAgent

[Example WinME output]
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90)
- - - - -
Other possibilities at http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/ieimage.htm
and
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/51.html