Constant crashes

upset-kent

Constant crashes
I use explorer for a browser. I use Office 2007 and the AOL to work on the
internet through Explorer. THIS PROCESS CONSTANTLY CRASHES. I HAVE TO STOP
AND EVEN REBOOT OVER AND OVER. I AM TIRED OF THIS. I AM SWITCHING TO APPLE
ASAP UNLESS SOMEONE GIVES ME AN ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE. THIS IS HAPPENING
EVERY 5 MINUTES !!!!!
mad-merlin

RE: Constant crashes
welcome to the wonderful world of vista....

mine does the same especially with......hotmail!!!! i cannot read a message.
i tried to reach out to see what i can do but there is nothing to do, this is
vista which is a "great improvement" and a "leap forward".

so my conclusion is windows vista = my next computer is a MAC!!!!!

sorry, but your solution i guess would be that your next computer be a Mac...

"upset-kent" wrote:

> I use explorer for a browser. I use Office 2007 and the AOL to work on the
> internet through Explorer. THIS PROCESS CONSTANTLY CRASHES. I HAVE TO STOP
> AND EVEN REBOOT OVER AND OVER. I AM TIRED OF THIS. I AM SWITCHING TO APPLE
> ASAP UNLESS SOMEONE GIVES ME AN ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE. THIS IS HAPPENING
> EVERY 5 MINUTES !!!!!

mk95755

RE: Constant crashes

"mad-merlin" wrote:

> welcome to the wonderful world of vista....
>
> mine does the same especially with......hotmail!!!! i cannot read a message.
> i tried to reach out to see what i can do but there is nothing to do, this is
> vista which is a "great improvement" and a "leap forward".
>
> so my conclusion is windows vista = my next computer is a MAC!!!!!
>
> sorry, but your solution i guess would be that your next computer be a Mac...
>
> "upset-kent" wrote:
>
> > I use explorer for a browser. I use Office 2007 and the AOL to work on the
> > internet through Explorer. THIS PROCESS CONSTANTLY CRASHES. I HAVE TO STOP
> > AND EVEN REBOOT OVER AND OVER. I AM TIRED OF THIS. I AM SWITCHING TO APPLE
> > ASAP UNLESS SOMEONE GIVES ME AN ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE. THIS IS HAPPENING
> > EVERY 5 MINUTES !!!!!

mk95755

RE: Constant crashes

I am using Windows XP Home and IE7, have been having the SAME exact problem
with IE crashing while using MSN and checking hotmail. I have 4.5 yrs
experience in Tech support and tried to determine what is causing the crash
but can't find any information of any use. I tried to check for updates to
see if there were any fixes posted but there was nothing that I could find.
In the same boat and sinking fast.
I'm glad I didn't go Vista, working in IT for years I've learned it takes
yrs to work the bugs out of software, fix one and create two or three more
with the fix. Hopefully we will get some answers soon. Keep bailing water!
Maryann

Gordon

Re: Constant crashes
"upset-kent" <upset-kent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use explorer for a browser. I use Office 2007 and the AOL to work on the
> internet through Explorer. THIS PROCESS CONSTANTLY CRASHES. I HAVE TO STOP
> AND EVEN REBOOT OVER AND OVER. I AM TIRED OF THIS. I AM SWITCHING TO
> APPLE
> ASAP UNLESS SOMEONE GIVES ME AN ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE. THIS IS HAPPENING
> EVERY 5 MINUTES !!!!!

AOL is a virus. Ditch it and get a PROPER ISP.

Don Varnau

Re: Constant crashes
Hi,
Without knowing what, specifically, you've tried...

Check for an incompatible browser add-on.
See: http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
for troubleshooting information.
More at:

926431- Error message when you start IE7 or try to access a website:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431

[Guided help] Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or
restarts:

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"mk95755" <mk95755@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am using Windows XP Home and IE7, have been having the SAME exact

problem
> with IE crashing while using MSN and checking hotmail. I have 4.5 yrs
> experience in Tech support and tried to determine what is causing the

crash
> but can't find any information of any use. I tried to check for updates to
> see if there were any fixes posted but there was nothing that I could

find.
> In the same boat and sinking fast.
> I'm glad I didn't go Vista, working in IT for years I've learned it takes
> yrs to work the bugs out of software, fix one and create two or three more
> with the fix. Hopefully we will get some answers soon. Keep bailing water!
> Maryann

Don Varnau

Re: Constant crashes
Hi,
Windows XP or Vista? Which Service Pack level- SP1, SP2, etc?

What third-party security programs are you running?

Are updates from Microsoft downloaded and installed automatically?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"upset-kent" <upset-kent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use explorer for a browser. I use Office 2007 and the AOL to work on the
> internet through Explorer. THIS PROCESS CONSTANTLY CRASHES. I HAVE TO STOP
> AND EVEN REBOOT OVER AND OVER. I AM TIRED OF THIS. I AM SWITCHING TO

APPLE
> ASAP UNLESS SOMEONE GIVES ME AN ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE. THIS IS HAPPENING
> EVERY 5 MINUTES !!!!!

Don Varnau

Re: Constant crashes
Hi,
Most users of IE7/Vista do not have problems with Hotmail. Find out what's
different about the software environment on your computer.

1. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall browser add-ons, work through this
article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

2. 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

3. [Guided help] Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or
restarts:

4. 926431- Error message when you start IE7 or try to access a website:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431

5. 936215- How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215/en-us

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"mad-merlin" <mad-merlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> welcome to the wonderful world of vista....
>
> mine does the same especially with......hotmail!!!! i cannot read a

message.
> i tried to reach out to see what i can do but there is nothing to do, this

is
> vista which is a "great improvement" and a "leap forward".
>
> so my conclusion is windows vista = my next computer is a MAC!!!!!
>
> sorry, but your solution i guess would be that your next computer be a

Mac...

> "upset-kent" wrote:
>
> > I use explorer for a browser. I use Office 2007 and the AOL to work on

the
> > internet through Explorer. THIS PROCESS CONSTANTLY CRASHES. I HAVE TO

STOP
> > AND EVEN REBOOT OVER AND OVER. I AM TIRED OF THIS. I AM SWITCHING TO

APPLE
> > ASAP UNLESS SOMEONE GIVES ME AN ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE. THIS IS HAPPENING
> > EVERY 5 MINUTES !!!!!

Re: Constant crashes
Windows version?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315