internet explorer cannot display page

petro

internet explorer cannot display page
I know this issues has been posted before but the replies did not solve my
problem so I figured I would post again in hopes there has been a new
discovery.....

I have been scouring the internet trying to figure out why, all of a sudden,
I am having trouble loading websites. Not every site but most of the I get
the error message "IE can not display page". If I hit refresh the page will
usually load. I am using a Comcast connect, windows vista, IE 7. I found a
string of solutions at the microsoft site but none of them helped fix the
problem. This problem arouse about 3-4 weeks ago with no explanation. Any
thoughts?????

Leonard Grey

Re: internet explorer cannot display page
This is frequently caused by an incompatible browser add-on. The
troubleshooting steps described below will help you to diagnose and fix
the problem:

How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/

(Give the Guided Help a try.)

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

petro wrote:
> I know this issues has been posted before but the replies did not solve my
> problem so I figured I would post again in hopes there has been a new
> discovery.....
>
> I have been scouring the internet trying to figure out why, all of a sudden,
> I am having trouble loading websites. Not every site but most of the I get
> the error message "IE can not display page". If I hit refresh the page will
> usually load. I am using a Comcast connect, windows vista, IE 7. I found a
> string of solutions at the microsoft site but none of them helped fix the
> problem. This problem arouse about 3-4 weeks ago with no explanation. Any
> thoughts?????

tmcdonell

Re: internet explorer cannot display page
I'm having the same problem except even when I hit refresh some sites will
not load. I tried opening IE 7 without add ons and it did not help. I have
gone through all the trouble shooting steps to no avail. Up to about a month
ago I was able to get these sites. An example of sites that won't open are:
time.com, pga.com etc.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> This is frequently caused by an incompatible browser add-on. The
> troubleshooting steps described below will help you to diagnose and fix
> the problem:
>
> How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/
>
> (Give the Guided Help a try.)
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
> viruses or other malicious software.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> petro wrote:
> > I know this issues has been posted before but the replies did not solve my
> > problem so I figured I would post again in hopes there has been a new
> > discovery.....
> >
> > I have been scouring the internet trying to figure out why, all of a sudden,
> > I am having trouble loading websites. Not every site but most of the I get
> > the error message "IE can not display page". If I hit refresh the page will
> > usually load. I am using a Comcast connect, windows vista, IE 7. I found a
> > string of solutions at the microsoft site but none of them helped fix the
> > problem. This problem arouse about 3-4 weeks ago with no explanation. Any
> > thoughts?????

Leonard Grey

Re: internet explorer cannot display page
If you have a question about Internet Explorer the proper thing to do is
to start your own thread, instead of piggy-backing on someone else's
thread. Your situation could well be very different from the OP's
situation. Besides, the OP deserves personal attention to his or her
question.

Before you start your post, ask yourself this question: What did I do
"about a month ago " that might have caused a problem?

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

tmcdonell wrote:
> I'm having the same problem except even when I hit refresh some sites will
> not load. I tried opening IE 7 without add ons and it did not help. I have
> gone through all the trouble shooting steps to no avail. Up to about a month
> ago I was able to get these sites. An example of sites that won't open are:
> time.com, pga.com etc.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> This is frequently caused by an incompatible browser add-on. The
>> troubleshooting steps described below will help you to diagnose and fix
>> the problem:
>>
>> How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/
>>
>> (Give the Guided Help a try.)
>>
>> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
>> viruses or other malicious software.
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> petro wrote:
>>> I know this issues has been posted before but the replies did not solve my
>>> problem so I figured I would post again in hopes there has been a new
>>> discovery.....
>>>
>>> I have been scouring the internet trying to figure out why, all of a sudden,
>>> I am having trouble loading websites. Not every site but most of the I get
>>> the error message "IE can not display page". If I hit refresh the page will
>>> usually load. I am using a Comcast connect, windows vista, IE 7. I found a
>>> string of solutions at the microsoft site but none of them helped fix the
>>> problem. This problem arouse about 3-4 weeks ago with no explanation. Any
>>> thoughts?????

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"petro" <petro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news2FF70AC-9CD4-4A9F-964D-B6AB82DE4242@microsoft.com...
>I know this issues has been posted before but the replies did not solve my
> problem so I figured I would post again in hopes there has been a new
> discovery.....
>
> I have been scouring the internet trying to figure out why, all of a
> sudden,
> I am having trouble loading websites. Not every site but most of the I get
> the error message "IE can not display page". If I hit refresh the page
> will
> usually load. I am using a Comcast connect, windows vista, IE 7. I found
> string of solutions at the microsoft site but none of them helped fix the
> problem. This problem arouse about 3-4 weeks ago with no explanation.
> Any
> thoughts?????

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
article first:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

You might also try the steps here:
"Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

undisclosed

Re: internet explorer cannot display page

I was having a similar problem but with Internet Explorer 8. When a open
link in a new tab, the page would not display. I had to hit enter or
refresh to get the page to display. I think the problem is with ActiveX.
I found these instructions at this link and it worked!

"Eisenb11 suggested at microsoft.public,internetexplorer.beta group:
Goto command prompt (start menu -- programs -- accessories), right
click and
run as administrator (or use 'Run ...' as administrator).
Type the following command: regsvr32 actxprxy.dll "

Here is the original link:

'Internetexplorer General Re: IE8 Popup or New Tab will not load page -
Hourglass only' (Error)

--
BriGem