Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE7 won't render RSS feeds

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
Jordan Mills
 

Posts: n/a
IE7 won't render RSS feeds
I can't get IE7 to render rss feeds. The feeds list comes up, and I can see
the listing, select them, change properties, etc. But if I click on one, the
window just goes blank. I can right-click and see the feed source, so I know
the data is coming through.
This affects all users on the workstation, with and without addons allowed,
and has come back ever reinstalling the OS (Which is windows vista business).

I'm thinking it might be a group policy setting, but I've tried moving the
computer to another OU and I'm still getting it. Any ideas where else to
look?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 won't render RSS feeds
In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Jordan Mills wrote:
> I can't get IE7 to render rss feeds. The feeds list comes up, and I can
> see
> the listing, select them, change properties, etc. But if I click on one,
> the window just goes blank. I can right-click and see the feed source, so
> I know the data is coming through.
> This affects all users on the workstation, with and without addons
> allowed,
> and has come back ever reinstalling the OS (Which is windows vista
> business).
>
> I'm thinking it might be a group policy setting, but I've tried moving the
> computer to another OU and I'm still getting it. Any ideas where else to
> look?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2008
Jordan Mills
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 won't render RSS feeds
Did you even read the post?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> In no certain order:
>
> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
>
> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>
> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Jordan Mills wrote:
> > I can't get IE7 to render rss feeds. The feeds list comes up, and I can
> > see
> > the listing, select them, change properties, etc. But if I click on one,
> > the window just goes blank. I can right-click and see the feed source, so
> > I know the data is coming through.
> > This affects all users on the workstation, with and without addons
> > allowed,
> > and has come back ever reinstalling the OS (Which is windows vista
> > business).
> >
> > I'm thinking it might be a group policy setting, but I've tried moving the
> > computer to another OU and I'm still getting it. Any ideas where else to
> > look?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 won't render RSS feeds
Yes. I used that reply for all first-time Vista posters. The links cover
much more than enabling/disabling Add-ons. Did you read those links?

Jordan Mills wrote:
> Did you even read the post?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> In no certain order:
>>
>> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
>>
>> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>>
>> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided
>> Help) http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Jordan Mills wrote:
>>> I can't get IE7 to render rss feeds. The feeds list comes up, and I can
>>> see
>>> the listing, select them, change properties, etc. But if I click on
>>> one,
>>> the window just goes blank. I can right-click and see the feed source,
>>> so
>>> I know the data is coming through.
>>> This affects all users on the workstation, with and without addons
>>> allowed,
>>> and has come back ever reinstalling the OS (Which is windows vista
>>> business).
>>>
>>> I'm thinking it might be a group policy setting, but I've tried moving
>>> the
>>> computer to another OU and I'm still getting it. Any ideas where else
>>> to
>>> look?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gateway Webcam Graph Render Fail t2sdayaz microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 7 07-23-2009 13:06
Uninstalling applications may render your Vista NOT GENUINE eboulanger microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-03-2008 15:15
Help please! Graph render fail jlozano microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 03-03-2008 09:01
Microsoft Confirms IE8 Has 3 Render Modes Steve General Technology News 0 01-24-2008 20:50
Microsoft Confirms IE8 Has 3 Render Modes Steve General Technology News 0 01-22-2008 22:50




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:16.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120