PDF Files Don't Open In IE-7 or Outlook

Ice Man

PDF Files Don't Open In IE-7 or Outlook
Since upgrading to IE-7 when I click to open a pdf file from a web site or
from an email attachment in Outlook 2003 I get a blank page. At the bottom
left of the screen it says "Done". I am using Windows XP, SP3 and Office
2003.
If I download and save the pdf file and click on it, Adobe opens it fine.
How can I fix this.

Re: PDF Files Don't Open In IE-7 or Outlook
What's your default PDF reader and its version?

Ice Man wrote:
> Since upgrading to IE-7 when I click to open a pdf file from a web site or
> from an email attachment in Outlook 2003 I get a blank page. At the
> bottom
> left of the screen it says "Done". I am using Windows XP, SP3 and Office
> 2003.
> If I download and save the pdf file and click on it, Adobe opens it fine.
> How can I fix this.

Ice Man

Re: PDF Files Don't Open In IE-7 or Outlook
My reader is Adobe Acrobat Standard, 6.0.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What's your default PDF reader and its version?
>
> Ice Man wrote:
> > Since upgrading to IE-7 when I click to open a pdf file from a web site or
> > from an email attachment in Outlook 2003 I get a blank page. At the
> > bottom
> > left of the screen it says "Done". I am using Windows XP, SP3 and Office
> > 2003.
> > If I download and save the pdf file and click on it, Adobe opens it fine.
> > How can I fix this.

Re: PDF Files Don't Open In IE-7 or Outlook
Try using:

Adobe Acrobat Reader v8.1.2 Security Update 1
(http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...sp?ftpID=3967; don't opt to
install OpenOffice or any unwanted toolbars if you don't want them!)

Or Foxit Reader (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php) instead.

Ice Man wrote:
> My reader is Adobe Acrobat Standard, 6.0.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> What's your default PDF reader and its version?
>>
>> Ice Man wrote:
>>> Since upgrading to IE-7 when I click to open a pdf file from a web site
>>> or
>>> from an email attachment in Outlook 2003 I get a blank page. At the
>>> bottom
>>> left of the screen it says "Done". I am using Windows XP, SP3 and
>>> Office
>>> 2003.
>>> If I download and save the pdf file and click on it, Adobe opens it
>>> fine.
>>> How can I fix this.

Leonard Grey

Re: PDF Files Don't Open In IE-7 or Outlook
The newest version of Adobe Reader is 8.x (8.2 I believe.)

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Ice Man wrote:
> My reader is Adobe Acrobat Standard, 6.0.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What's your default PDF reader and its version?
>>
>> Ice Man wrote:
>>> Since upgrading to IE-7 when I click to open a pdf file from a web site or
>>> from an email attachment in Outlook 2003 I get a blank page. At the
>>> bottom
>>> left of the screen it says "Done". I am using Windows XP, SP3 and Office
>>> 2003.
>>> If I download and save the pdf file and click on it, Adobe opens it fine.
>>> How can I fix this.

Re: PDF Files Don't Open In IE-7 or Outlook
Close but no cigar. It's v8.1.2 Security Update 1.

Leonard Grey wrote:
> The newest version of Adobe Reader is 8.x (8.2 I believe.)
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Ice Man wrote:
>> My reader is Adobe Acrobat Standard, 6.0.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> What's your default PDF reader and its version?

Leonard Grey

Re: PDF Files Don't Open In IE-7 or Outlook
I was only off by .08.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Close but no cigar. It's v8.1.2 Security Update 1.
>
> Leonard Grey wrote:
>> The newest version of Adobe Reader is 8.x (8.2 I believe.)
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Ice Man wrote:
>>> My reader is Adobe Acrobat Standard, 6.0.

Donald Anadell

> Close but no cigar. It's v8.1.2 Security Update 1.

Hasn't that verson been superceded by Adobe Reader version 9.0.0

Donald Anadell

> Leonard Grey wrote:
>> The newest version of Adobe Reader is 8.x (8.2 I believe.)
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Ice Man wrote:
>>> My reader is Adobe Acrobat Standard, 6.0.

Re: PDF Files Don't Open In IE-7 or Outlook
Well, v9.x is available, let me put it that way, but there certainly some
bugs in it IMHO.

Donald Anadell wrote:

>> Close but no cigar. It's v8.1.2 Security Update 1.

> Hasn't that verson been superceded by Adobe Reader version 9.0.0
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> Leonard Grey wrote:
>>> The newest version of Adobe Reader is 8.x (8.2 I believe.)
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

Donald Anadell

> Well, v9.x is available, let me put it that way, but there certainly some
> bugs in it IMHO.

Hummmm, haven't detected any bugs in it here yet. I've got it(version 9)
installed on 5 XP machines without any noticeable problems. I do however
install it using my own .mst file(generated with Camwood appEditor), which
allows it to install without a lot of the overhead like the Adobe Updater,
and Adobe Air during the installation process. So my installations are
pretty lean, if you can call 200MB's lean)

Donald Anadell