Link can not be found

Rey

Link can not be found
Hello -

Recently purchased new computer, includes Vista Home Premium and Internet
Explorer 7. There seems to be an issue with Explorer where it will take off
on its own to a website while I'm browsing a different site. And this is not
specific to any one site I would visit. Happens to most all of them.
Including the Microsoft help page, which hasn't proven to be a whole lot of
help. So I was hoping someone here may have an idea.

The page it jumps to is Google, a failed search usually for an image, it
will display the URL that it could not locate. I don't even use Google, which
makes this issue more frusterating. I could be doing nothing at all, watching
the page load, typing an email, about to click on a link...so I don't believe
there is one specific action that sets this off.

Here is an example of what Google pops up:

Your search -
http://view.atdmt.com/MON/iview/1062...wMDA7Ozs7href= - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.

Any ideas out there?
Thanks a bunch.

Re: Link can not be found
Are you currently running Vista or Vista SP1? (NB: Just a question, not a
recommendation or suggestion!)

(if any)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Rey wrote:
> Hello -
>
> Recently purchased new computer, includes Vista Home Premium and Internet
> Explorer 7. There seems to be an issue with Explorer where it will take
> off
> on its own to a website while I'm browsing a different site. And this is
> not
> specific to any one site I would visit. Happens to most all of them.
> Including the Microsoft help page, which hasn't proven to be a whole lot
> of
> help. So I was hoping someone here may have an idea.
>
> The page it jumps to is Google, a failed search usually for an image, it
> will display the URL that it could not locate. I don't even use Google,
> which
> makes this issue more frusterating. I could be doing nothing at all,
> watching
> the page load, typing an email, about to click on a link...so I don't
> believe
> there is one specific action that sets this off.
>
> Here is an example of what Google pops up:
>
> Your search -
> http://view.atdmt.com/MON/iview/1062...wMDA7Ozs7href=
> - did not match any documents.
>
> Suggestions:
> Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
> Try different keywords.
> Try more general keywords.
> Try fewer keywords.
>

> Any ideas out there?
> Thanks a bunch.

Rey

Re: Link can not be found
I think it is SP1? If that's what Service Pack means, yes? Again, new
computer, not completely
familiar with it yet.

It has an application called WebRoot for antivirus and spyware. And not
aware of any 3rd party
firewalls.

Hope this helps?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you currently running Vista or Vista SP1? (NB: Just a question, not a
> recommendation or suggestion!)
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Rey wrote:
> > Hello -
> >
> > Recently purchased new computer, includes Vista Home Premium and Internet
> > Explorer 7. There seems to be an issue with Explorer where it will take
> > off
> > on its own to a website while I'm browsing a different site. And this is
> > not
> > specific to any one site I would visit. Happens to most all of them.
> > Including the Microsoft help page, which hasn't proven to be a whole lot
> > of
> > help. So I was hoping someone here may have an idea.
> >
> > The page it jumps to is Google, a failed search usually for an image, it
> > will display the URL that it could not locate. I don't even use Google,
> > which
> > makes this issue more frusterating. I could be doing nothing at all,
> > watching
> > the page load, typing an email, about to click on a link...so I don't
> > believe
> > there is one specific action that sets this off.
> >
> > Here is an example of what Google pops up:
> >
> > Your search -
> > http://view.atdmt.com/MON/iview/1062...wMDA7Ozs7href=
> > - did not match any documents.
> >
> > Suggestions:
> > Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
> > Try different keywords.
> > Try more general keywords.
> > Try fewer keywords.
> >

> > Any ideas out there?
> > Thanks a bunch.

Re: Link can not be found
> I think it is SP1?

Find out for sure, please: Start | Run | (type in) winver | OK => If the
resulting window lists Vista Service Pack 1, it's installed.

When did you purchase the machine? Was the Webroot application (which
includes a firewall:
http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consume...antivirus.html) preinstalled
on the machine when you got it? If so, have you purchased a subscription
yet?

You do not want the Webroot firewall and the Windows Firewall both enabled.
--
~PA Bear

Rey wrote:
> I think it is SP1? If that's what Service Pack means, yes? Again, new
> computer, not completely familiar with it yet.
>
> It has an application called WebRoot for antivirus and spyware. And not
> aware of any 3rd party
> firewalls.
>
> Hope this helps?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Are you currently running Vista or Vista SP1? (NB: Just a question, not a
>> recommendation or suggestion!)
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Rey wrote:
>>> Recently purchased new computer, includes Vista Home Premium and
>>> Internet
>>> Explorer 7. There seems to be an issue with Explorer where it will take
>>> off
>>> on its own to a website while I'm browsing a different site. And this is
>>> not
>>> specific to any one site I would visit. Happens to most all of them.
>>> Including the Microsoft help page, which hasn't proven to be a whole lot
>>> of
>>> help. So I was hoping someone here may have an idea.
>>>
>>> The page it jumps to is Google, a failed search usually for an image, it
>>> will display the URL that it could not locate. I don't even use Google,
>>> which
>>> makes this issue more frusterating. I could be doing nothing at all,
>>> watching
>>> the page load, typing an email, about to click on a link...so I don't
>>> believe
>>> there is one specific action that sets this off.
>>>
>>> Here is an example of what Google pops up:
>>>
>>> Your search -
>>> http://view.atdmt.com/MON/iview/1062...wMDA7Ozs7href=
>>> - did not match any documents.
>>>
>>> Suggestions:
>>> Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
>>> Try different keywords.
>>> Try more general keywords.
>>> Try fewer keywords.
>>>

>>> Any ideas out there?
>>> Thanks a bunch.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Link can not be found
"Rey" <Rey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello -
>
> Recently purchased new computer, includes Vista Home Premium and Internet
> Explorer 7. There seems to be an issue with Explorer where it will take off
> on its own to a website while I'm browsing a different site. And this is not
> specific to any one site I would visit. Happens to most all of them.
> Including the Microsoft help page, which hasn't proven to be a whole lot of
> help. So I was hoping someone here may have an idea.
>
> The page it jumps to is Google, a failed search usually for an image, it
> will display the URL that it could not locate. I don't even use Google, which
> makes this issue more frusterating. I could be doing nothing at all, watching
> the page load, typing an email, about to click on a link...so I don't believe
> there is one specific action that sets this off.
>
> Here is an example of what Google pops up:
>
> Your search -
> http://view.atdmt.com/MON/iview/1062...wMDA7Ozs7href=

> Any ideas out there?

There doesn't seem to an active server there (e.g. testing with telnet).

Does atdmt have something to do with your ISP?
E.g. some ISPs apparently have a "feechur" which does something similar
to this whenever the host server either does not exist or does not respond.

I don't want to particularly test that URL but I suspect you might find some
help links on that page which would explain why you are getting that page
and what to do if you wanted to disable that "feechur". E.g. when mine does it
there is a link which leads to a complicated procedure involving a switch to using
hardcoded DNS addresses instead of the dynamic ones I usually get.

In any case I think your best help could come from your ISP.

> Thanks a bunch.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---