IE window shakes

DBryant

IE window shakes
I have a Dell GX280 w/ Dell 17" LCD running XP SP3. When the user opens IE7,
the IE window shakes and the tab bar doubles. This continues for about 1
mintute and then the window is navigatable and normal. I have reduced the
size of the window to make sure it was just that window and it is. The window
frame doesn't jump, only the contents inside. I have done all the updates
(including going from SP2 to SP3), ran two different types of anti-spyware,
and ran our anti-virus software. The anti-spyware erradicated many problems
and the virus scan found nothing after three passes. It appeared to have
solved the problem, but checking with the user this morning it is back to
doing it. No other program windows do this, just IE7. I found a suggestion to
remove the LINKs toolbar. I will try that next but wanted to see if anyone
had seen this before or had any ideas. Thanks!
Leonard Grey

Re: IE window shakes
Try scanning your system with /several/ of the better online scanners,
such as:
Kaspersky Antivirus (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)
Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan)

HijackThis is a program that searches your computer for signs of
infection. The program produces a detailed log that you can submit to
volunteer experts for analysis. (The Microsoft public newsgroups do
/not/ offer this service.) More information:
http://www.whatthetech.com/hijackthis_v2/

If none of the above remove the infection, you may want to show the
computer to a professional.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

DBryant wrote:
> I have a Dell GX280 w/ Dell 17" LCD running XP SP3. When the user opens IE7,
> the IE window shakes and the tab bar doubles. This continues for about 1
> mintute and then the window is navigatable and normal. I have reduced the
> size of the window to make sure it was just that window and it is. The window
> frame doesn't jump, only the contents inside. I have done all the updates
> (including going from SP2 to SP3), ran two different types of anti-spyware,
> and ran our anti-virus software. The anti-spyware erradicated many problems
> and the virus scan found nothing after three passes. It appeared to have
> solved the problem, but checking with the user this morning it is back to
> doing it. No other program windows do this, just IE7. I found a suggestion to
> remove the LINKs toolbar. I will try that next but wanted to see if anyone
> had seen this before or had any ideas. Thanks!

VanguardLH

Re: IE window shakes
DBryant wrote:

> I have a Dell GX280 w/ Dell 17" LCD running XP SP3. When the user opens IE7,
> the IE window shakes and the tab bar doubles. This continues for about 1
> mintute and then the window is navigatable and normal. I have reduced the
> size of the window to make sure it was just that window and it is. The window
> frame doesn't jump, only the contents inside. I have done all the updates
> (including going from SP2 to SP3), ran two different types of anti-spyware,
> and ran our anti-virus software. The anti-spyware erradicated many problems
> and the virus scan found nothing after three passes. It appeared to have
> solved the problem, but checking with the user this morning it is back to
> doing it. No other program windows do this, just IE7. I found a suggestion to
> remove the LINKs toolbar. I will try that next but wanted to see if anyone
> had seen this before or had any ideas. Thanks!

I don't use it but remember that MSN or Live Messenger has a "tickler"
option to shake a window when they have a new message. Check if the
user has Microsoft's Messenger installed; if so, have them uninstall it,
especially if it is not an company authorized program.

Re: IE window shakes
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

DBryant wrote:
> I have a Dell GX280 w/ Dell 17" LCD running XP SP3. When the user opens
> IE7,
> the IE window shakes and the tab bar doubles. This continues for about 1
> mintute and then the window is navigatable and normal. I have reduced the
> size of the window to make sure it was just that window and it is. The
> window frame doesn't jump, only the contents inside. I have done all the
> updates (including going from SP2 to SP3), ran two different types of
> anti-spyware, and ran our anti-virus software. The anti-spyware
> erradicated
> many problems and the virus scan found nothing after three passes. It
> appeared to have solved the problem, but checking with the user this
> morning it is back to doing it. No other program windows do this, just
> IE7.
> I found a suggestion to remove the LINKs toolbar. I will try that next but
> wanted to see if anyone had seen this before or had any ideas. Thanks!

DBryant

RE: IE window shakes
Thanks to eveyone that replied. I will print these out and give them a try. I
have to laugh because I am the professional and can't get it to stop! I've
also tried unchecking the LINKs toolbar and replacing the mouse - other ideas
found elsewhere. The end-user did those today and now it is not doing it
anymore. However, in the past solutions tried by the school's troubleshooter
worked for a day or two and then it happens again. After several weeks, they
finally called the IT dept and it ended up in my lap. I tried several things
as mentioned and it quit for two days and started again. Do I dare say that I
should just bring her an iMac from an elementary school?!? HAHAHAHA...just
kidding. Luckily I can just blow it away and reimage but I was hoping to find
a quicker solution.

"DBryant" wrote:

> I have a Dell GX280 w/ Dell 17" LCD running XP SP3. When the user opens IE7,
> the IE window shakes and the tab bar doubles. This continues for about 1
> mintute and then the window is navigatable and normal. I have reduced the
> size of the window to make sure it was just that window and it is. The window
> frame doesn't jump, only the contents inside. I have done all the updates
> (including going from SP2 to SP3), ran two different types of anti-spyware,
> and ran our anti-virus software. The anti-spyware erradicated many problems
> and the virus scan found nothing after three passes. It appeared to have
> solved the problem, but checking with the user this morning it is back to
> doing it. No other program windows do this, just IE7. I found a suggestion to
> remove the LINKs toolbar. I will try that next but wanted to see if anyone
> had seen this before or had any ideas. Thanks!

Re: IE window shakes
Could someone be pulling a practical joke on you?
http://www.javascriptfreecode.com/23.htm

DBryant wrote:
> Thanks to eveyone that replied. I will print these out and give them a
> try.
> I have to laugh because I am the professional and can't get it to stop!
> I've
> also tried unchecking the LINKs toolbar and replacing the mouse - other
> ideas found elsewhere. The end-user did those today and now it is not
> doing
> it anymore. However, in the past solutions tried by the school's
> troubleshooter worked for a day or two and then it happens again. After
> several weeks, they finally called the IT dept and it ended up in my lap.
> tried several things as mentioned and it quit for two days and started
> again. Do I dare say that I should just bring her an iMac from an
> elementary school?!? HAHAHAHA...just kidding. Luckily I can just blow it
> away and reimage but I was hoping to find a quicker solution.
>
> "DBryant" wrote:
>
>> I have a Dell GX280 w/ Dell 17" LCD running XP SP3. When the user opens
>> IE7, the IE window shakes and the tab bar doubles. This continues for
>> about 1 mintute and then the window is navigatable and normal. I have
>> reduced the size of the window to make sure it was just that window and
>> it
>> is. The window frame doesn't jump, only the contents inside. I have done
>> all the updates (including going from SP2 to SP3), ran two different
>> types
>> of anti-spyware, and ran our anti-virus software. The anti-spyware
>> erradicated many problems and the virus scan found nothing after three
>> passes. It appeared to have solved the problem, but checking with the
>> user
>> this morning it is back to doing it. No other program windows do this,
>> just IE7. I found a suggestion to remove the LINKs toolbar. I will try
>> that next but wanted to see if anyone had seen this before or had any
>> ideas. Thanks!

Wendy

RE: IE window shakes
My IE Window does the same thing, and has been for about a year now. It is
very frustrating trying to do something and you can't because the tabs are
shaking. I am at my wits end about to throw the computer out the window! I
found this post looking for an answer, but it seems that everyone thinks
something is wrong with your computer. I think it is IE, not the computer.
Please, someone give an answer to this problem!!!!

"DBryant" wrote:

> I have a Dell GX280 w/ Dell 17" LCD running XP SP3. When the user opens IE7,
> the IE window shakes and the tab bar doubles. This continues for about 1
> mintute and then the window is navigatable and normal. I have reduced the
> size of the window to make sure it was just that window and it is. The window
> frame doesn't jump, only the contents inside. I have done all the updates
> (including going from SP2 to SP3), ran two different types of anti-spyware,
> and ran our anti-virus software. The anti-spyware erradicated many problems
> and the virus scan found nothing after three passes. It appeared to have
> solved the problem, but checking with the user this morning it is back to
> doing it. No other program windows do this, just IE7. I found a suggestion to
> remove the LINKs toolbar. I will try that next but wanted to see if anyone
> had seen this before or had any ideas. Thanks!

Leonard Grey

Re: IE window shakes
If the problem was Internet Explorer, wouldn't everyone who uses
Internet Explorer have the same problem?

Have you searched the web to find out whether this is, in fact, a
problem with Internet Explorer?

"How to Tell if a Malfunctioning PC Has a Virus"
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-1054842.html

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est
R.I.P Usenet: 1980-2008 (PC Magazine)

Wendy wrote:
> My IE Window does the same thing, and has been for about a year now. It is
> very frustrating trying to do something and you can't because the tabs are
> shaking. I am at my wits end about to throw the computer out the window! I
> found this post looking for an answer, but it seems that everyone thinks
> something is wrong with your computer. I think it is IE, not the computer.
> Please, someone give an answer to this problem!!!!
>
> "DBryant" wrote:
>
>> I have a Dell GX280 w/ Dell 17" LCD running XP SP3. When the user opens IE7,
>> the IE window shakes and the tab bar doubles. This continues for about 1
>> mintute and then the window is navigatable and normal. I have reduced the
>> size of the window to make sure it was just that window and it is. The window
>> frame doesn't jump, only the contents inside. I have done all the updates
>> (including going from SP2 to SP3), ran two different types of anti-spyware,
>> and ran our anti-virus software. The anti-spyware erradicated many problems
>> and the virus scan found nothing after three passes. It appeared to have
>> solved the problem, but checking with the user this morning it is back to
>> doing it. No other program windows do this, just IE7. I found a suggestion to
>> remove the LINKs toolbar. I will try that next but wanted to see if anyone
>> had seen this before or had any ideas. Thanks!

Brenda W

Re: IE window shakes
My IE 7 shakes, badly like that all the time and has for a year give or take.
It did this on my old laptop running Windows XP SP2 and now on a new HP
Laptop running Vista SP1.

The shaking is a combination of shaking and jumping. ou cannot enter any
field or use anything but the Close button will work after you play Mrs Pac
Man a few times to get the close to happen. It is as if you must catch the
'X' to score a point. It is making me crazy and I am looking for a solution
or another browser that is stable.

Could this problem have something to do with vector graphics?

I have had this shaking and jumping in the FireFox Browser too but not as
often. I downloaded and tried it a fw months ago when IE7 was so bad I could
not get anything down for a couple of days. My antivirus runs and find
nothing.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> If the problem was Internet Explorer, wouldn't everyone who uses
> Internet Explorer have the same problem?
>
> Have you searched the web to find out whether this is, in fact, a
> problem with Internet Explorer?
>
> "How to Tell if a Malfunctioning PC Has a Virus"
> http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-1054842.html
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
> R.I.P Usenet: 1980-2008 (PC Magazine)
>
> Wendy wrote:
> > My IE Window does the same thing, and has been for about a year now. It is
> > very frustrating trying to do something and you can't because the tabs are
> > shaking. I am at my wits end about to throw the computer out the window! I
> > found this post looking for an answer, but it seems that everyone thinks
> > something is wrong with your computer. I think it is IE, not the computer.
> > Please, someone give an answer to this problem!!!!
> >
> > "DBryant" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a Dell GX280 w/ Dell 17" LCD running XP SP3. When the user opens IE7,
> >> the IE window shakes and the tab bar doubles. This continues for about 1
> >> mintute and then the window is navigatable and normal. I have reduced the
> >> size of the window to make sure it was just that window and it is. The window
> >> frame doesn't jump, only the contents inside. I have done all the updates
> >> (including going from SP2 to SP3), ran two different types of anti-spyware,
> >> and ran our anti-virus software. The anti-spyware erradicated many problems
> >> and the virus scan found nothing after three passes. It appeared to have
> >> solved the problem, but checking with the user this morning it is back to
> >> doing it. No other program windows do this, just IE7. I found a suggestion to
> >> remove the LINKs toolbar. I will try that next but wanted to see if anyone
> >> had seen this before or had any ideas. Thanks!

Re: IE window shakes
See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...32e1d9db?hl=en