Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Htc behavior not applied to eg. INPUT – type image

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2008
trosen
 

Posts: n/a
Htc behavior not applied to eg. INPUT – type image
IE7 Ver. 7.0.5730.11
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

I have written a HTC-file for IE to emulate gecko’s watch() function
The behaviour is attached true CSS by:

input, textarea, select
{
border: 1px solid orange;
behavior: url(../FW/htc/NK_watch.htc);
}
CSS-selector works as expected (orange border applied to all selected
elements)
url() is also correct (behaviour defined in NK_watch.htc applied to all
selected elements but INPUT, type mage)

As a test I replaced type-selectors by Universal selector *, looped true all
elements in DOM (skipping #comment) checking for behaviour-objects and found
it missing from some elements:

TITLE, META, LINK - text/css, SCRIPT - text/javascript, BODY, OPTION, TABLE,
TBODY, TR, TH, TD, INPUT – image

Table and table-childs receives behaviour-objects unless they contains
INPUT, type image, all other elements listed receives no behaviour-objects

Can’t say I have seen any limitation in the documentation regarding which
type of elements behaviors may be attached to

Is this a bug?
Is there a workaround?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2008
Daniel Crichton
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Htc behavior not applied to eg. INPUT type image
trosen wrote on Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:13:02 -0700:

> IE7 Ver. 7.0.5730.11
> Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600


> I have written a HTC-file for IE to emulate geckos watch() function
> The behaviour is attached true CSS by:


> input, textarea, select {
> border: 1px solid orange;
> behavior: url(../FW/htc/NK_watch.htc);
> }
> CSS-selector works as expected (orange border applied to all selected
> elements)
> url() is also correct (behaviour defined in NK_watch.htc applied to all
> selected elements but INPUT, type mage)


> As a test I replaced type-selectors by Universal selector *, looped
> true all elements in DOM (skipping #comment) checking for
> behaviour-objects and found it missing from some elements:


> TITLE, META, LINK - text/css, SCRIPT - text/javascript, BODY, OPTION,
> TABLE,
> TBODY, TR, TH, TD, INPUT image


> Table and table-childs receives behaviour-objects unless they contains
> INPUT, type image, all other elements listed receives no
> behaviour-objects


> Cant say I have seen any limitation in the documentation regarding
> which type of elements behaviors may be attached to


> Is this a bug?
> Is there a workaround?


Never used these, but to address the limitation on which elements see the
Applies To section of http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...23(VS.85).aspx

Note that META is not in the list. However, the others are, which suggests
either a bug or that the documentation is wrong.

--
Dan


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2008
trosen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Htc behavior not applied to eg. INPUT – type image
"Daniel Crichton" wrote:

> trosen wrote on Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:13:02 -0700:
>
> > IE7 Ver. 7.0.5730.11
> > Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

>
> > I have written a HTC-file for IE to emulate gecko’s watch() function
> > The behaviour is attached true CSS by:

>
> > input, textarea, select {
> > border: 1px solid orange;
> > behavior: url(../FW/htc/NK_watch.htc);
> > }
> > CSS-selector works as expected (orange border applied to all selected
> > elements)
> > url() is also correct (behaviour defined in NK_watch.htc applied to all
> > selected elements but INPUT, type mage)

>
> > As a test I replaced type-selectors by Universal selector *, looped
> > true all elements in DOM (skipping #comment) checking for
> > behaviour-objects and found it missing from some elements:

>
> > TITLE, META, LINK - text/css, SCRIPT - text/javascript, BODY, OPTION,
> > TABLE,
> > TBODY, TR, TH, TD, INPUT – image

>
> > Table and table-childs receives behaviour-objects unless they contains
> > INPUT, type image, all other elements listed receives no
> > behaviour-objects

>
> > Can’t say I have seen any limitation in the documentation regarding
> > which type of elements behaviors may be attached to

>
> > Is this a bug?
> > Is there a workaround?

>
> Never used these, but to address the limitation on which elements see the
> Applies To section of http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...23(VS.85).aspx
>
> Note that META is not in the list. However, the others are, which suggests
> either a bug or that the documentation is wrong.
>
> --
> Dan
>
>
>


Tested manual addBehavior() which attached behaviour to INPUT, type image
Also removeBehavior() worked as expected

The bad thing is that it works only once:

- Having a table where you can select a row
- Pressing Edit-button brings up a popup form which can be edited and saved
- Save and reload table is done by XMLHttpRequest()
- Pressing Edit results in addBehavior() returning 0 and no behaviour is
applied

Seems like a bug then
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2008
trosen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Htc behavior not applied to eg. INPUT – type image
"Daniel Crichton" wrote:

> trosen wrote on Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:13:02 -0700:
>
> > IE7 Ver. 7.0.5730.11
> > Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

>
> > I have written a HTC-file for IE to emulate gecko’s watch() function
> > The behaviour is attached true CSS by:

>
> > input, textarea, select {
> > border: 1px solid orange;
> > behavior: url(../FW/htc/NK_watch.htc);
> > }
> > CSS-selector works as expected (orange border applied to all selected
> > elements)
> > url() is also correct (behaviour defined in NK_watch.htc applied to all
> > selected elements but INPUT, type mage)

>
> > As a test I replaced type-selectors by Universal selector *, looped
> > true all elements in DOM (skipping #comment) checking for
> > behaviour-objects and found it missing from some elements:

>
> > TITLE, META, LINK - text/css, SCRIPT - text/javascript, BODY, OPTION,
> > TABLE,
> > TBODY, TR, TH, TD, INPUT – image

>
> > Table and table-childs receives behaviour-objects unless they contains
> > INPUT, type image, all other elements listed receives no
> > behaviour-objects

>
> > Can’t say I have seen any limitation in the documentation regarding
> > which type of elements behaviors may be attached to

>
> > Is this a bug?
> > Is there a workaround?

>
> Never used these, but to address the limitation on which elements see the
> Applies To section of http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...23(VS.85).aspx
>
> Note that META is not in the list. However, the others are, which suggests
> either a bug or that the documentation is wrong.
>
> --
> Dan
>


Seems like the problem is related to how I have implemented behaviours (wrong)
My INPUT, type image had a class containing a behaviour assigned

Assigning behaviour true CSS by global selector fails for all elements which
also has behaviour attached true another selector because basic css-rules
states that last defined will be used when 2 rules declare the same attribute
(behaviour) for an element

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...23(VS.85).aspx shows how to
assign multiple url’s within one CSS-class

- Is it possible to achieve the same by using multiple selectors ?

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Type In Image Buddy 2.1 Bizsoft Business Software Feed 0 01-19-2008 03:50
Windows wallpaper image type Fuseon microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-30-2007 19:06
Article ID: 927837 The writing pad and the character pad may become unavailable on the Tablet PC Input Panel after you change the input language multiple times in Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
New type of image spam hides in e-mail wallpaper Steve Security News 0 06-15-2007 09:48
New type of image spam hides in e-mail wallpaper Steve Security News 0 06-14-2007 11:16




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:02.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120