Add command buttons to menu bar?

Francis Marsden

Add command buttons to menu bar?
(IE7, XP Home) I like having the menu bar displayed, but the text on it
only takes up about a fifth of the bar, the rest is wasted space. Is there
any way to put command bar buttons on the empty part of the menu bar? I
want to keep the command bar as clear as possible to make room for more web
page tabs.
Thanks in advance

Francis Marsden

Re: Add command buttons to menu bar?

I should also say that I much prefer that all the command buttons be
visible, not have to click the double arrows to see them

rob^_^

Re: Add command buttons to menu bar?
Hi Francis,

Not the IE7 Command Bar. It is fixed to the same toolbar line as the tabs.

The Google, Live and Yahoo toolbars allow you to add custom buttons to their
toolbars or you can download pre-built ones from their user galleries.

Make sure you have the latest versions of the above toolbars, as earlier
versions did not allow you to place more than one toolbar on the same line.

Regards.

"Francis Marsden" <fake@fake.fake> wrote in message
> (IE7, XP Home) I like having the menu bar displayed, but the text on it
> only takes up about a fifth of the bar, the rest is wasted space. Is
> there any way to put command bar buttons on the empty part of the menu
> bar? I want to keep the command bar as clear as possible to make room for
> more web page tabs.
> Thanks in advance

bobster

Re: Add command buttons to menu bar?
Don't know if this will work for you but it works for me. If you really
want to make the best use of your space at the top of the page,

1) Customize your command bar by removing everything that also appears on
the menu bar which is all but one or two items. This frees up almost all of
the bar for tabs.

2) Un-check the menu bar. Sounds scary, huh? -- no menu bar and a near-
empty command bar. But wait, there's more! The menu bar can be toggled on
and off as needed by one click of the ALT key - easy to get used to.

Now if you want a really lean and mean, but fully functional 2-line top of
your page with the forward/back, refresh, stop, and home buttons grouped on
the top left where they belong, and with links, tabs, address bar/search
bar, explorer bar, and quick tabs, try the Quero taskbar and the tweak to
relocate the address bar. Here are the URLs:

http://www.quero.at/

And for the address bar relocation,

http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/200...ck-to-top.html

or

http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp

"Francis Marsden" <fake@fake.fake> wrote in message
(IE7, XP Home) I like having the menu bar displayed, but the text on it
only takes up about a fifth of the bar, the rest is wasted space. Is there
any way to put command bar buttons on the empty part of the menu bar? I
want to keep the command bar as clear as possible to make room for more web
page tabs.
Thanks in advance

bobster

Re: Add command buttons to menu bar?
BTW, another neat thing you can do, should you decide to try the Quero
taskbar is to hide the IE7 search bar (see the enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp
URL below). The Quero address/search bar does both functions nicely and has
several search engine default options.

For the record, I have no connection with Quero; I just think it has some
really neat features without the ad baggage of the Google, Yahoo, Windows
Live, etc. toolbars. It is simple to uninstall and has never caused any
problems for me.