Re: internet explorer cannot open the internet site operation abor

SOLUTION

Re: internet explorer cannot open the internet site operation abor
The problem you are experiencing is due to a Skype add-on. To disable the
add-on, go to Internet Explorer in Tools/Manage Add-ons. You need to disable
any entries for Skype (there should be about 3 entries).
Skype will still work after you have disabled them

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

> "Billdata" <Billdata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsCD6BFB8-084C-4616-9D36-34DBA5E5D2B4@microsoft.com...
> >
> > "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:
> >
> >> Error message when you visit a Web page or interact with a Web
> >> application
> >> in Internet Explorer: "Operation aborted"
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917
> >>
> >> "tiredone291" <tiredone291@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Does the fix for this problem require the addition of a 'Trusted site'
> > setting in IE7/Tools/Internet Options/Security/Trusted sites ???

> Did you read the article?
> It involves the author correcting scripts on the page.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> Do not reply with email

kwaichang

Re: internet explorer cannot open the internet site operation abor
SOLUTION- Thanks so much, even though I'd had Skype on my computer for a
period of ten days, this problem did not happen until yesterday. I found two
(2) add-ons and disabled them.
All is good now.
talltom

Re: internet explorer cannot open the internet site operation abor
Unfortunately I don't have a skype add on, but I still experience this same
error. I am running XP and I.E. 6.0. I just updated to service pack 3
yesterday as I thought that my solve the problem. The problem started about
5 days ago.

"SOLUTION" wrote:

> The problem you are experiencing is due to a Skype add-on. To disable the
> add-on, go to Internet Explorer in Tools/Manage Add-ons. You need to disable
> any entries for Skype (there should be about 3 entries).
> Skype will still work after you have disabled them
>

> "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:
>
> > "Billdata" <Billdata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > newsCD6BFB8-084C-4616-9D36-34DBA5E5D2B4@microsoft.com...

> > > Does the fix for this problem require the addition of a 'Trusted site'
> > > setting in IE7/Tools/Internet Options/Security/Trusted sites ???

> > Did you read the article?
> > It involves the author correcting scripts on the page.
> >
> > --
> > Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> > Do not reply with email

Tara

Re: internet explorer cannot open the internet site operation abor
I tried doing what you suggested, but unfortunately, I found no Skype
add-ons. Whenever I get this error, if I refresh the page, it always loads
just fine. Is there anything else that might solve this problem? It seems to
happen on random sites, not just certain sites. Every other solution I've
seen says to download and use FireFox instead of IE 7. I'd prefer not to do
that if I don't have to. This problem just started about a week or so ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! )

"SOLUTION" wrote:

> The problem you are experiencing is due to a Skype add-on. To disable the
> add-on, go to Internet Explorer in Tools/Manage Add-ons. You need to disable
> any entries for Skype (there should be about 3 entries).
> Skype will still work after you have disabled them
>

> "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:
>
> > "Billdata" <Billdata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > newsCD6BFB8-084C-4616-9D36-34DBA5E5D2B4@microsoft.com...

> > > Does the fix for this problem require the addition of a 'Trusted site'
> > > setting in IE7/Tools/Internet Options/Security/Trusted sites ???

> > Did you read the article?
> > It involves the author correcting scripts on the page.
> >
> > --
> > Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> > Do not reply with email

steve.in.clitheroe@gmail.com

Re: internet explorer cannot open the internet site operation abor
I also have this problem - it started about 2 weeks ago.
I do not have Skype anywhere.

Is there a solution coming?

Steve