Address Bar in Windows Explorer

pufnstuff

Address Bar in Windows Explorer
Newbie to Vista. Can "Address Bar" in Windows Explorer
be disabled or removed? Tx for any info.

rob^_^

Re: Address Bar in Windows Explorer
Hi Pufnstuff,

There is an Addon toolbar that will do this for you http://www.quero.at (it
replaces the IE7 Address bar with a customizable toolbar).

If you start IE in Kiosk mode, no toolbars are displayed (Start>Run -
iexplore.exe -k)

Regards.

"pufnstuff" <pufnstuff@windoznews.com> wrote in message
> Newbie to Vista. Can "Address Bar" in Windows Explorer
> be disabled or removed? Tx for any info.

bobster

Re: Address Bar in Windows Explorer
I second the recommendation for using the Quero toolbar to regain IE6-like
control over the address bar, toolbars and button locations. You can
relocate the buttons and remove or shorten the address bar to your liking.

You can also move the IE7 menu bar to the top of the page using the
following tweak.

http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp

I've been using Quero and the menu bar tweak for several months with no
problems and like it very much. I now need only two lines, including tabs,
at the top of my screen. Very simple and cool!

Hi Pufnstuff,

There is an Addon toolbar that will do this for you http://www.quero.at (it
replaces the IE7 Address bar with a customizable toolbar).

If you start IE in Kiosk mode, no toolbars are displayed (Start>Run -
iexplore.exe -k)

Regards.

"pufnstuff" <pufnstuff@windoznews.com> wrote in message
> Newbie to Vista. Can "Address Bar" in Windows Explorer
> be disabled or removed? Tx for any info.

bobster

Re: Address Bar in Windows Explorer
Here's another source for moving the IE7 menu bar above the address bar.
Together with the Quero toolbar, this gives you complete control over the
configuration of the top of your IE7 page.

http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/200...ck-to-top.html

"bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message
I second the recommendation for using the Quero toolbar to regain IE6-like
control over the address bar, toolbars and button locations. You can
relocate the buttons and remove or shorten the address bar to your liking.

You can also move the IE7 menu bar to the top of the page using the
following tweak.

http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp

I've been using Quero and the menu bar tweak for several months with no
problems and like it very much. I now need only two lines, including tabs,
at the top of my screen. Very simple and cool!

Hi Pufnstuff,

There is an Addon toolbar that will do this for you http://www.quero.at (it
replaces the IE7 Address bar with a customizable toolbar).

If you start IE in Kiosk mode, no toolbars are displayed (Start>Run -
iexplore.exe -k)

Regards.

"pufnstuff" <pufnstuff@windoznews.com> wrote in message
> Newbie to Vista. Can "Address Bar" in Windows Explorer
> be disabled or removed? Tx for any info.

rob^_^

Re: Address Bar in Windows Explorer
Hi Bob,

You forgot to mention my site!

> Here's another source for moving the IE7 menu bar above the address bar.
> Together with the Quero toolbar, this gives you complete control over the
> configuration of the top of your IE7 page.
>
> http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/200...ck-to-top.html
>
> ================================================== ============
> "bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message
> I second the recommendation for using the Quero toolbar to regain IE6-like
> control over the address bar, toolbars and button locations. You can
> relocate the buttons and remove or shorten the address bar to your liking.
>
> You can also move the IE7 menu bar to the top of the page using the
> following tweak.
>
> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp
>
> I've been using Quero and the menu bar tweak for several months with no
> problems and like it very much. I now need only two lines, including
> tabs,
> at the top of my screen. Very simple and cool!
> ================================================== ==============
>
> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Pufnstuff,
>
> There is an Addon toolbar that will do this for you http://www.quero.at
> (it
> replaces the IE7 Address bar with a customizable toolbar).
>
> If you start IE in Kiosk mode, no toolbars are displayed (Start>Run -
> iexplore.exe -k)
>
> Regards.
>
> "pufnstuff" <pufnstuff@windoznews.com> wrote in message
>> Newbie to Vista. Can "Address Bar" in Windows Explorer
>> be disabled or removed? Tx for any info.

bobster

Re: Address Bar in Windows Explorer
Sorry about that, rob. Your iecustomizer.com site is a very good source of
info on how to make IE more capable and useful.. I go there often.

Hi Bob,

You forgot to mention my site!

"bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message
> Here's another source for moving the IE7 menu bar above the address bar.
> Together with the Quero toolbar, this gives you complete control over the
> configuration of the top of your IE7 page.
>
> http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/200...ck-to-top.html
>
> ================================================== ============
> "bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message
> I second the recommendation for using the Quero toolbar to regain IE6-like
> control over the address bar, toolbars and button locations. You can
> relocate the buttons and remove or shorten the address bar to your liking.
>
> You can also move the IE7 menu bar to the top of the page using the
> following tweak.
>
> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp
>
> I've been using Quero and the menu bar tweak for several months with no
> problems and like it very much. I now need only two lines, including
> tabs,
> at the top of my screen. Very simple and cool!
> ================================================== ==============
>
> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Pufnstuff,
>
> There is an Addon toolbar that will do this for you http://www.quero.at
> (it
> replaces the IE7 Address bar with a customizable toolbar).
>
> If you start IE in Kiosk mode, no toolbars are displayed (Start>Run -
> iexplore.exe -k)
>
> Regards.
>
> "pufnstuff" <pufnstuff@windoznews.com> wrote in message
>> Newbie to Vista. Can "Address Bar" in Windows Explorer
>> be disabled or removed? Tx for any info.

pufnstuff

Re: Address Bar in Windows Explorer
Tx for all replies. I inadvertently posted this in wrong newsgroup.
Meant to post in Microsoft Vista General.

I was referring to Vista's Address Bar in "Windows Explorer" and not
IE's menu/address bars. Already knew how to change that.