iexplore error dialog every 20 seconds

laurie_g

iexplore error dialog every 20 seconds
hi
i keep getting a small error dialog box that only says "iexplore" with a red
circle white x and OK. I have Windows XP pro. A new error pops up every 20
seconds or so. Doesn't matter what application i am running or even if
nothing is opened. Nothing seems out of ordinary in Task Manager.

I've done a full virus scan but all clear.

Laurie
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: iexplore error dialog every 20 seconds
"laurie_g" <laurieg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> i keep getting a small error dialog box that only says "iexplore" with a
> red
> circle white x and OK. I have Windows XP pro. A new error pops up every 20
> seconds or so. Doesn't matter what application i am running or even if
> nothing is opened. Nothing seems out of ordinary in Task Manager.
>
> I've done a full virus scan but all clear.
>
> Laurie

IE version?
WinXP Service Pack level?

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Leonard Grey

Re: iexplore error dialog every 20 seconds
Malicious software such as viruses or spyware could be installed on your
computer.

"How to Tell if a Malfunctioning PC Has a Virus"
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-1054842.html

"Cleaning a Pest-Infected Computer"
http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

laurie_g wrote:
> hi
> i keep getting a small error dialog box that only says "iexplore" with a red
> circle white x and OK. I have Windows XP pro. A new error pops up every 20
> seconds or so. Doesn't matter what application i am running or even if
> nothing is opened. Nothing seems out of ordinary in Task Manager.
>
> I've done a full virus scan but all clear.
>
> Laurie

laurie_g

Re: iexplore error dialog every 20 seconds
Thanks, I will surely check for malware. It's a computer at work so it will
have to wait until tomorrow. will let you know how i make out.

IE7 and XP SP3