Re: Unable to post to forums

pauladev

Re: Unable to post to forums
Out of desperation (with FF3 crashing all the time), I decided to give IE
another go. I too could not get a reply box when I tried to post a question.
The run around you get when you try to find anything out is just as always.
The question I would like answered is How do I get IE7 to install in
English? Despite the very unsatisfactory interface/toolbar etc arrangement
which has been covered elsewhere, I downloaded IE7 from the UK site, and lo,
just because I am living in Portugal, and forced to run XP Portuguese
version, Internet Explorer wants to give all the instructions in Portuguese
too. Is there a way out. Firefox comes in whichever language you select.

"craig" wrote:

> thank you Bear - I don't know if it's the same problem - but as a first time
> user when I try to send a new Post, all I get is a STOP sign symbol. I will
> try the site you suggested.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Avoid the issue entirely:
> >
> > Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express Newsreader
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx
> >
> > Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
> > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >

> > Brian wrote:
> > > When I attempt to post to this or any MS forum from my laptop, either as a
> > > reply or new question, all that happens is that the main forum page is
> > > reloaded. The reply or new question popup dialog never appears. (I am
> > > posting this from another computer.)
> > >
> > > I believe this happened when I installed Win XP SP3. What would prevent
> > > these windows from appearing?

Leonard Grey

Re: Unable to post to forums
"How do I get IE7 to install in English?"

Use an English version of Windows.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

pauladev wrote:
> Out of desperation (with FF3 crashing all the time), I decided to give IE
> another go. I too could not get a reply box when I tried to post a question.
> The run around you get when you try to find anything out is just as always.
> The question I would like answered is How do I get IE7 to install in
> English? Despite the very unsatisfactory interface/toolbar etc arrangement
> which has been covered elsewhere, I downloaded IE7 from the UK site, and lo,
> just because I am living in Portugal, and forced to run XP Portuguese
> version, Internet Explorer wants to give all the instructions in Portuguese
> too. Is there a way out. Firefox comes in whichever language you select.
>
> "craig" wrote:
>
>> thank you Bear - I don't know if it's the same problem - but as a first time
>> user when I try to send a new Post, all I get is a STOP sign symbol. I will
>> try the site you suggested.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Avoid the issue entirely:
>>>
>>> Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express Newsreader
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx
>>>
>>> Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
>>> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

pauladev

Re: Unable to post to forums
What a simplistic view you have of the world. In Portugal it is impossible to
buy a computer with English Windows installed, without paying for a full
extra version. Having used this computer with the Portuguese version
installed for a couple of years, think of the consequences of changing to an
English version, and the hassle, lost data and reinstallation of the myriad
programs I have. I can cope with Portuguese Windows so far, and I was an avid
Firefox user until FF3. That downloads in English. I downloaded what I
thought was an English version of IE7, but it still gave me Portuguese
language buttons, help etc. My point was 'why'. Surely if I wanted a
portuguese version I would have gone to the Portuguese Microsoft site and
downloaded from there. I don't like the lack of choice nor assumption about
preferences. This is what drove me to Open Source in the first place, because
it was based on the will and desires of many and not the whims of a
dictatorial organisation. FF2 was streets ahead of IE in terms of speed and
ease of use, it just happens that they cocked up FF3 in relation to my
computer and I am hoping for it to settle down with use. Also XP SP3 nearly
wrecked my computer and I had to revert to SP2 which is fine.
Perhaps I'm a dinosaur!!

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> "How do I get IE7 to install in English?"
>
> Use an English version of Windows.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> pauladev wrote:
> > Out of desperation (with FF3 crashing all the time), I decided to give IE
> > another go. I too could not get a reply box when I tried to post a question.
> > The run around you get when you try to find anything out is just as always.
> > The question I would like answered is How do I get IE7 to install in
> > English? Despite the very unsatisfactory interface/toolbar etc arrangement
> > which has been covered elsewhere, I downloaded IE7 from the UK site, and lo,
> > just because I am living in Portugal, and forced to run XP Portuguese
> > version, Internet Explorer wants to give all the instructions in Portuguese
> > too. Is there a way out. Firefox comes in whichever language you select.
> >
> > "craig" wrote:
> >
> >> thank you Bear - I don't know if it's the same problem - but as a first time
> >> user when I try to send a new Post, all I get is a STOP sign symbol. I will
> >> try the site you suggested.

Leonard Grey

Re: Unable to post to forums
An English version of Internet Explorer only installs on an English
version of Windows.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est