Problem in accessing a website

Dr Riswin. R. Babu

Problem in accessing a website
I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 with BitDefender Total Security 2008
build 11.0.17
The problem I'm facing is that I'm unable to log into
http://hinari-gw.who.int/
All other sites open and close fine but not this one. This login page take
lot of
time to load and after I type in the login name and password 'page not found
error.'
I tried a public comp and everything worked fine. Please help me out. Thanks
in advance.I have made changes in IE to accept cookies from this site and
also added this one to trusted site list. Still, the problem persists
When I type in the password and name,
The page goes into this area-
http://hinari-gw.who.int/whalecomloc...e/Validate.asp

Then stuck there for some time and later comes up and shows-

The page cannot be displayed
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Problem in accessing a website
"Dr Riswin. R. Babu" <DrRiswinRBabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 with BitDefender Total Security 2008
> build 11.0.17
> The problem I'm facing is that I'm unable to log into
> http://hinari-gw.who.int/
> All other sites open and close fine but not this one. This login page take
> lot of
> time to load and after I type in the login name and password 'page not found
> error.'

> I tried a public comp and everything worked fine.

What was the connectivity then?

> Please help me out. Thanks
> in advance.I have made changes in IE to accept cookies from this site and
> also added this one to trusted site list. Still, the problem persists
> When I type in the password and name,
> The page goes into this area-
> http://hinari-gw.who.int/whalecomloc...e/Validate.asp

"InternalSite" could give one the idea that that page may only be accessible
via an Intranet connection (e.g. not through the Internet). Again, I think the
connectivity in each case may be significant.

> Then stuck there for some time and later comes up and shows-
>
> The page cannot be displayed

There's a mailto link labeled Contact us on the first page.
Have you tried using it?

Also, notice the warning for IE users on the first page:

<quote>
You are accessing this site from a computer running Microsoft Windows XP,
Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher. Internet Explorer is configured by default
to block popups. In order to be able to receive inactivity timeout notifications
and other warnings from this site, it is recommended that you configure
your browser to allow popups from this site.
</quote>

Makes one wonder if the event which occurs later would be
such a "popup" and in that case what the URL would be.

Except for the fact that the login probably involves https
you could get a better view of your symptoms by using Fiddler2.
Hint: when you try to trace https you will be notified of a problem
with your certificate. That's because Fiddler is playing the role
of "man-in-the-middle". At that point you can disable the proxy
and resume your session. Somehow Fiddler will still keep track
of most of it.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---