Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vist

billy h

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vist
Whenever my computer tries to automatically install the Windows Update
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
(KB950759) I get a "failed" message and this particular update will not
install successfully. The intall continues to try and install this update but
it is never successful. Is there a way I can get this installed or is there a
reason it is not installing?

Leonard Grey

Re: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in WindowsVist
Temporarily disable your security software when installing updates. (Do
not disable your firewall.)

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

billy h wrote:
> Whenever my computer tries to automatically install the Windows Update
> Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
> (KB950759) I get a "failed" message and this particular update will not
> install successfully. The intall continues to try and install this update but
> it is never successful. Is there a way I can get this installed or is there a
> reason it is not installing?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Leonard Grey" <l.grey@not.valid.net> wrote in message
> Temporarily disable your security software when installing updates. (Do
> not disable your firewall.)
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> billy h wrote:
>> Whenever my computer tries to automatically install the Windows Update
>> Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
>> (KB950759) I get a "failed" message and this particular update will not
>> install successfully. The intall continues to try and install this update
>> but it is never successful. Is there a way I can get this installed or is
>> there a reason it is not installing?

If you use a third-party firewall switch to the Windows Firewall during the
install.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Re: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vist

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB950759).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
(which is 47830).

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s). If you disable a third-party firewall, do NOT
connect to the internet without having the Windows Firewall enabled!
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/