cannot access certain sites

Dingyi

cannot access certain sites
I have trouble accessing very few webite once the computer is log into
Windows domain, for example: www.nzx.com

If I use my laptop running XP home without login to windows domain, I have
not problem.

Is there anyone encountered the similar problem? What would be the cause of
this?

Thanks.
Don Varnau

Re: cannot access certain sites
Hi,
Which version of Windows? (Including Service Pack level- SP2, SP3, etc)
Which version of Internet Explorer?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Dingyi" <Dingyi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have trouble accessing very few webite once the computer is log into
> Windows domain, for example: www.nzx.com
>
> If I use my laptop running XP home without login to windows domain, I have
> not problem.
>
> Is there anyone encountered the similar problem? What would be the cause

of
> this?
>
> Thanks.

VanguardLH

Dingyi wrote:

> I have trouble accessing very few webite once the computer is log into
> Windows domain, for example: www.nzx.com
>
> If I use my laptop running XP home without login to windows domain, I have
> not problem.
>
> Is there anyone encountered the similar problem? What would be the cause of
> this?
>
> Thanks.

"Windows domain" makes it look like you are talking about your company's
network and their domain rather than when you take the laptop home or
are traveling with it and are NOT in your company's domain. Okay, well
I guess they don't want you visiting those sites. Maybe your company
doesn't want you wasting time at the New Zealand stock exchange and
instead wants you doing your work when you are work. They might be
blocking certain sites or entire categories of them using, for example,
WebSense or other censorware or censoring services.

You never mentioned WHAT is the "trouble" that you have in IE when
trying to reach the few websites to which you are blocked. Could IE
said "page not found", or "server not respond", or some other error
message but you chose not to mention just exactly what "trouble" meant.
Talk to your IT folk at your company as to why they don't want you
visiting those few sites when you are on their network.

Um, unless you did the hack, you cannot connect Windows XP Home Edition
to a domain. I doubt your company is having their employees use WinXP
Home on laptops (because of other issues, like not being able to push
policies) that were issued to them by the company, or they want hacked
hosts on their network, or want their employees polluting their network
hosts with hosts of unknown configuration and infestation.

Ask the domain admin why the sites are blocked.
Dingyi

Re: cannot access certain sites
The Windows XP pro SP2 as well as SP3, Windows 2000 pro SP4.
Tried IE 6 and 7, also tried Firefox v2 and v3.

XP home SP3 works using IE or Firefox.

Late I noticed the XP pro cannot access these sites even not login the domain.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Which version of Windows? (Including Service Pack level- SP2, SP3, etc)
> Which version of Internet Explorer?
>
> Don

Dingyi

Re: cannot access certain sites
Thanks for the comments. This is not caused by block. Late I noticed the XP
pro cannot access these sites even not login the domain.

The problem I am having is no display of the sites (nzx.com and benitec.com
etc). It does not return any thing and the browser just like in waiting. It
happens to Windows XP pro SP2 and SP3, also happens to Windows 2000 pro SP4.
The browser tried are IE v6 and v7, also tried Firefox v2 and v3.

XP home SP3 connects to the LAN only without logging in to the domain. It
can access all sites using IE or Firefox.