Cursor automatically jumps back when typing

B Wilson

Cursor automatically jumps back when typing
When typing a message or anything the cursor
will automatically jump back in the text - makes it
almost impossbile to type messages or enter data.
How can I make this stop or how do I turn this off?

B Wilson

RE: Cursor automatically jumps back when typing

"B Wilson" wrote:

> When typing a message or anything the cursor
> will automatically jump back in the text - makes it
> almost impossbile to type messages or enter data.
> How can I make this stop or how do I turn this off?

I am using windows xp professional and this is happening with
all my applications - Excel, Outlook Express and Internet Explorer7
I am on a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop with touch pad enabled. When I
start typing any kind of text or adding data in all my applications
the cursor will automatically jump back in the text. This started a couple
of days ago and I have tried everything that I knew how to solve this
problem and get this turned off.

Robert Aldwinckle

"B Wilson" <bwwilsonn@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "B Wilson" wrote:
>
>> When typing a message or anything the cursor
>> will automatically jump back in the text - makes it
>> almost impossbile to type messages or enter data.
>> How can I make this stop or how do I turn this off?

From an old old reply (Jan 09, 2006):

Check for third-party interference (not necessarily "malware"
just incompatible programs you have added).

A likely possibility in this category would be Motive SmartBridge
monitor some ISPs install on their customers' computers
which has in the past been suspected of interrupting keyboard focus in OE.

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...ivesb.exe.html

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---