File Open doesn't work for Juno bookmark

RJ

File Open doesn't work for Juno bookmark
I had my Juno email on the web bookmarked. Instead of scrolling down the
Favorites to search for my bookmark, I click File Open and type in the first
3 letters of my bookmark and then select it and hit Enter. I've been doing
that for years with my Juno email bookmark - the url is
http://webmail.juno.com. Recently I installed the Juno software so I could
import some old email from another computer that I don't use. I don't pay
for Juno so I always check my email on the web. But now when I try to do
that, I get a File Download Security Warning - do you want to run or save
juno.exe from Program Files\Juno\bin. The url is still the same. So why
doesn't it open the web page?

Re: File Open doesn't work for Juno bookmark
Was Juno ever your ISP? What Juno software did you install? How did this
software assist in importing "some old email from another computer"?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

RJ wrote:
> I had my Juno email on the web bookmarked. Instead of scrolling down the
> Favorites to search for my bookmark, I click File Open and type in the
> first
> 3 letters of my bookmark and then select it and hit Enter. I've been doing
> that for years with my Juno email bookmark - the url is
> http://webmail.juno.com. Recently I installed the Juno software so I could
> import some old email from another computer that I don't use. I don't pay
> for Juno so I always check my email on the web. But now when I try to do
> that, I get a File Download Security Warning - do you want to run or save
> juno.exe from Program Files\Juno\bin. The url is still the same. So why
> doesn't it open the web page?

RJ

Re: File Open doesn't work for Juno bookmark
Juno wasn't my ISP. I installed Juno 5.0. That's how I used to check my
email years ago till they started their web based service. Now if you want
to use the software, you have to pay. The only reason I installed it
yesterday was so I could restore my backup from the other computer (which
I'm going to trash) so I can have my old email. I also had to "import" my
account online so it could recognize the new computer. When I delete the
juno.exe file in the bin folder, there's no problem - the url opens like it
used to. But I need the juno.exe file to open the Juno program. Also, if I
type in the url or click on it in Favorites, it opens up. It's only when I
click File Open and select the bookmark that I get the File Download
warning. I'm on XP SP3 and IE7.

> Was Juno ever your ISP? What Juno software did you install? How did this
> software assist in importing "some old email from another computer"?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> RJ wrote:
>> I had my Juno email on the web bookmarked. Instead of scrolling down the
>> Favorites to search for my bookmark, I click File Open and type in the
>> first
>> 3 letters of my bookmark and then select it and hit Enter. I've been
>> doing
>> that for years with my Juno email bookmark - the url is
>> http://webmail.juno.com. Recently I installed the Juno software so I
>> could
>> import some old email from another computer that I don't use. I don't pay
>> for Juno so I always check my email on the web. But now when I try to do
>> that, I get a File Download Security Warning - do you want to run or save
>> juno.exe from Program Files\Juno\bin. The url is still the same. So why
>> doesn't it open the web page?

Re: File Open doesn't work for Juno bookmark
Unless and until you uninstall the Juno software, don't use the File | Open
method.

Sorry, but that's all I got!

RJ wrote:
> Juno wasn't my ISP. I installed Juno 5.0. That's how I used to check my
> email years ago till they started their web based service. Now if you want
> to use the software, you have to pay. The only reason I installed it
> yesterday was so I could restore my backup from the other computer (which
> I'm going to trash) so I can have my old email. I also had to "import" my
> account online so it could recognize the new computer. When I delete the
> juno.exe file in the bin folder, there's no problem - the url opens like
> it
> used to. But I need the juno.exe file to open the Juno program. Also, if I
> type in the url or click on it in Favorites, it opens up. It's only when I
> click File Open and select the bookmark that I get the File Download
> warning. I'm on XP SP3 and IE7.

>> Was Juno ever your ISP? What Juno software did you install? How did
>> this
>> software assist in importing "some old email from another computer"?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> RJ wrote:
>>> I had my Juno email on the web bookmarked. Instead of scrolling down the
>>> Favorites to search for my bookmark, I click File Open and type in the
>>> first
>>> 3 letters of my bookmark and then select it and hit Enter. I've been
>>> doing
>>> that for years with my Juno email bookmark - the url is
>>> http://webmail.juno.com. Recently I installed the Juno software so I
>>> could
>>> import some old email from another computer that I don't use. I don't
>>> pay
>>> for Juno so I always check my email on the web. But now when I try to do
>>> that, I get a File Download Security Warning - do you want to run or
>>> save
>>> juno.exe from Program Files\Juno\bin. The url is still the same. So why
>>> doesn't it open the web page?

rj

Re: File Open doesn't work for Juno bookmark
I think I found a workaround. Have to go home to test it. Here's what I did:
I emailed the juno.exe file to my work (had to change the name to juno.txt
for my email to accept it). Then I renamed it back to juno.exe and put it on
my desktop at work. Had the same problem, File | Open would not open the
Juno url I have bookmarked. Since I don't have Juno installed on my work
computer, it gave another error msg, like could not find some dll in the
juno program. Then I renamed the juno.exe to ajuno.exe (you can rename it
anything as long as it's .exe, and change your shortcut too) and it worked.

> Unless and until you uninstall the Juno software, don't use the File |

Open
> method.
>
> Sorry, but that's all I got!
>

> RJ wrote:
> > Juno wasn't my ISP. I installed Juno 5.0. That's how I used to check my
> > email years ago till they started their web based service. Now if you

want
> > to use the software, you have to pay. The only reason I installed it
> > yesterday was so I could restore my backup from the other computer

(which
> > I'm going to trash) so I can have my old email. I also had to "import"

my
> > account online so it could recognize the new computer. When I delete the
> > juno.exe file in the bin folder, there's no problem - the url opens like
> > it
> > used to. But I need the juno.exe file to open the Juno program. Also, if

> > type in the url or click on it in Favorites, it opens up. It's only when

> > click File Open and select the bookmark that I get the File Download
> > warning. I'm on XP SP3 and IE7.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Was Juno ever your ISP? What Juno software did you install? How did
> >> this
> >> software assist in importing "some old email from another computer"?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

the

do

why

RJ

Re: File Open doesn't work for Juno bookmark
Didn't work - oh well! just a minor annoyance. I've moved the bookmark to
the top of my favorites list so I can click it easily.

"rj" <rjnothere@netzero.net> wrote in message
>I think I found a workaround. Have to go home to test it. Here's what I
>did:
> I emailed the juno.exe file to my work (had to change the name to juno.txt
> for my email to accept it). Then I renamed it back to juno.exe and put it
> on
> my desktop at work. Had the same problem, File | Open would not open the
> Juno url I have bookmarked. Since I don't have Juno installed on my work
> computer, it gave another error msg, like could not find some dll in the
> juno program. Then I renamed the juno.exe to ajuno.exe (you can rename it
> anything as long as it's .exe, and change your shortcut too) and it
> worked.

>> Unless and until you uninstall the Juno software, don't use the File |

> Open
>> method.
>>
>> Sorry, but that's all I got!
>>

>> RJ wrote:
>> > Juno wasn't my ISP. I installed Juno 5.0. That's how I used to check my
>> > email years ago till they started their web based service. Now if you

> want
>> > to use the software, you have to pay. The only reason I installed it
>> > yesterday was so I could restore my backup from the other computer

> (which
>> > I'm going to trash) so I can have my old email. I also had to "import"

> my
>> > account online so it could recognize the new computer. When I delete
>> > the
>> > juno.exe file in the bin folder, there's no problem - the url opens
>> > like
>> > it
>> > used to. But I need the juno.exe file to open the Juno program. Also,
>> > if

>> > type in the url or click on it in Favorites, it opens up. It's only
>> > when

>> > click File Open and select the bookmark that I get the File Download
>> > warning. I'm on XP SP3 and IE7.
>> >
>> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message

> the

> do

> why

Robert Aldwinckle

>I had my Juno email on the web bookmarked. Instead of scrolling down the
> Favorites to search for my bookmark,

> I click File Open and type in the first 3 letters of my bookmark and then select it and hit Enter.

Why not just do that in the Address bar, taking advantage of
Address Complete for web addresses?

> I've been doing that for years with my Juno email bookmark - the url is
> http://webmail.juno.com.

Then you could probably find it most quickly by starting to type We
or if you have a Favorite named Juno you could find it by starting to type Jun

> Recently I installed the Juno software so I could
> import some old email from another computer that I don't use. I don't pay
> for Juno so I always check my email on the web. But now when I try to do
> that, I get a File Download Security Warning - do you want to run or save
> juno.exe from Program Files\Juno\bin. The url is still the same. So why
> doesn't it open the web page?

Not enough info but I doubt that you are getting a URL with your File Open
procedure. E.g. a URL would have a protocol prefix such as http://

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

RJ

Re: File Open doesn't work for Juno bookmark
It's working now - I didn't do anything!

> Didn't work - oh well! just a minor annoyance. I've moved the bookmark to
> the top of my favorites list so I can click it easily.
>
> "rj" <rjnothere@netzero.net> wrote in message
>>I think I found a workaround. Have to go home to test it. Here's what I
>>did:
>> I emailed the juno.exe file to my work (had to change the name to
>> juno.txt
>> for my email to accept it). Then I renamed it back to juno.exe and put it
>> on
>> my desktop at work. Had the same problem, File | Open would not open the
>> Juno url I have bookmarked. Since I don't have Juno installed on my work
>> computer, it gave another error msg, like could not find some dll in the
>> juno program. Then I renamed the juno.exe to ajuno.exe (you can rename it
>> anything as long as it's .exe, and change your shortcut too) and it
>> worked.

>>> Unless and until you uninstall the Juno software, don't use the File |

>> Open
>>> method.
>>>
>>> Sorry, but that's all I got!

>> want

>> (which

>> my

>> the

>> do

>> why

RJ

Re: File Open doesn't work for Juno bookmark
Thanks for the tip - that works. I just type in "jun" and it brings up my
Juno bookmark. File | Open works as long as I haven't opened the Juno
software, but once I've opened it, I'll probably have to reboot for it to
work. But this is even easier - I guess I was too used to Windows 98!