Suggestions?

Sandy J

Suggestions?
Is there a place to send suggestions for future versions of IE? I use I.E.
7 (windows XPpro) and would like to see a work offline button or a break
internet connection button on the command bar.

I recently googled the header of an email that I had received and suspected
of carrying something I didn't want and when I clicked the google link I was
attacked by a trojan. My antivirus caught it but if I'd had a button
available like that I would have been able to cut off the access to the
internet much faster.
I do know that there is a workoffline selection available but as far as I
know you can't put that in the command bar.

Sandy

Re: Suggestions?
Why do you need a button when you have a keyboard shortcut? => ALT+F+W

Sandy J wrote:
> Is there a place to send suggestions for future versions of IE? I use
> I.E.
> 7 (windows XPpro) and would like to see a work offline button or a break
> internet connection button on the command bar.
>
> I recently googled the header of an email that I had received and
> suspected
> of carrying something I didn't want and when I clicked the google link I
> was
> attacked by a trojan. My antivirus caught it but if I'd had a button
> available like that I would have been able to cut off the access to the
> internet much faster.
> I do know that there is a workoffline selection available but as far as I
> know you can't put that in the command bar.
>
> Sandy

Sandy J

Re: Suggestions?
That's three steps - one to recall the shortcut, one to figure out where the
dang keys are and one to click them ... I have very old slow fingers... not
to mention brains that are short on memory PA Bear... An icon on the
command bar would be faster and easier.
:-)))))
Sandy

Sandy J wrote:
> Is there a place to send suggestions for future versions of IE? I use
> I.E.
> 7 (windows XPpro) and would like to see a work offline button or a break
> internet connection button on the command bar.
>
> I recently googled the header of an email that I had received and
> suspected
> of carrying something I didn't want and when I clicked the google link I
> was
> attacked by a trojan. My antivirus caught it but if I'd had a button
> available like that I would have been able to cut off the access to the
> internet much faster.
> I do know that there is a workoffline selection available but as far as I
> know you can't put that in the command bar.
>
> Sandy

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Suggestions?
"Sandy J" <sandy@hatespam.com> wrote in message

> I recently googled the header of an email that I had received and suspected
> of carrying something I didn't want and when I clicked the google link I was
> attacked by a trojan. My antivirus caught it but if I'd had a button
> available like that I would have been able to cut off the access to the
> internet much faster.

Since you use OE if you really want to cut off "access to the internet"
you could use _its_ Working Offline icon. E.g. doubleclick on it
and then reply Yes to the "Hangup now?" prompt (which I still get
even though I'm using DSL and not dial-up because of the PPPoE
connection.)

BTW since there is already a beta test of IE8 underway,
suggestions for it may be made in the IE Beta NG.
(for OE users: Ctrl-w, c.i er. be )

; )

---

Sandy J

Re: Suggestions?
Yes, I know I could do that too Robert, but then I'd have to have OE open or
open it.. another two steps when my nerves are jangling...
Thanks so much for replying... I think I'll try the IE 8 beta group ---- if
I can find it.
:-))
Sandy

"Sandy J" <sandy@hatespam.com> wrote in message

> I recently googled the header of an email that I had received and
> suspected
> of carrying something I didn't want and when I clicked the google link I
> was
> attacked by a trojan. My antivirus caught it but if I'd had a button
> available like that I would have been able to cut off the access to the
> internet much faster.

Since you use OE if you really want to cut off "access to the internet"
you could use _its_ Working Offline icon. E.g. doubleclick on it
and then reply Yes to the "Hangup now?" prompt (which I still get
even though I'm using DSL and not dial-up because of the PPPoE
connection.)

BTW since there is already a beta test of IE8 underway,
suggestions for it may be made in the IE Beta NG.
(for OE users: Ctrl-w, c.i er. be )

; )

---

Kayman

Re: Suggestions?
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:52:43 -0400, Sandy J wrote:

> Yes, I know I could do that too Robert, but then I'd have to have OE open or
> open it.. another two steps when my nerves are jangling...
> Thanks so much for replying... I think I'll try the IE 8 beta group ---- if
> I can find it.

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Suggestions?
"Kayman" <kaymanDeleteThis@operamail.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:52:43 -0400, Sandy J wrote:
>

>>> (for OE users: Ctrl-w, c.i er. be )

>> Yes, I know I could do that too Robert, but then I'd have to have OE open

> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

So, what does a 40tude user use for a pattern for selecting that NG? <EG>

---