Choose a TV Provider at http://tv.msn.com/ refuses to accept any input from IE7

Richard A. Landkamer

Choose a TV Provider at http://tv.msn.com/ refuses to accept any input from IE7
Can anyone tell me why the "Choose a TV Provider" function in the http://tv.msn.com/ web page refuses to accept any input that I provide when using IE7? I have cookies set to the default settings in IE7.

At first I thought that perhaps some security setting in ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 7.0.483.000 might be blocking my input when using IE7. So I temporarily turned off ZoneAlarm, and ran a quick test. The "Choose a TV Provider" function in the http://tv.msn.com/ web page still refused to accept any input that I provide when using IE7 with all ZoneAlarm security temporarily turned off.

On the other hand, this function works OK when I input the same information using Mozilla Firefox v3.0.1.

Can anyone tell me why this is occurring?

Richard A. Landkamer

Richard A. Landkamer

Re: Choose a TV Provider at http://tv.msn.com/ refuses to accept any input from IE7
I did a right click on the ZAISS Icon in the Task Bar, then did a left click on the bottom entry "Shutdown ZoneAlarm Security Suite", and then responded Yes to the confirmation message. A few seconds after doing this, I got the Windows XP warning icon that I was running without any security.

Richard A. Landkamer

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eopjN2p6IHA.4596@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
[...]

Thank you. I assume you then enabled the Windows Firewall.

Give this a whirl now: IE Tools | Internet Options | Privacy | Sites: type in

msn.com

and Allow cookies.
--
~PA Bear

"Richard A. Landkamer" <ralandka@pdq.net> wrote in message news:uH5wZCt6IHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
[...]

Your suggestion worked. Thanks.

I am somewhat confused as to why your suggestion worked, since from what I could see my settings in IE7 were to allow cookies from msn.com.

I originally suspected ZoneAlarm Security Suite, since this product allows users to block Private Header information in cookies, and block 3rd Party cookies from individual web sites, which I am doing in most cases.

Richard A. Landkamer