Printing problems in IE7

SUSKE

Printing problems in IE7
I work with Windows XP servicepack 2 and IE 7. When I want to print a
webpage, I first try Print Previeuw. I get no text on the screen and the
scale factor is on 100%. By putting the scale factor to 95% I the text
appears on the screen, but printing does not work, there is even nothing in
the spool of the printer ( HP psc 1310). I already downloaded the latest
updates of windows and reinstalled the printer.
Gratefull for your suggestions.
--
SUSKE
Don Varnau

Re: Printing problems in IE7
Hi,
You may have a troublesome add-on. Try disabling any browser add-ons, which
are not from HP, from IE> Tools> Manage add-ons.

More:
See: http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
for troubleshooting information.
More at:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:
- - -
In Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, try the default settings.
- - -
If running AVG 8.0, disable it to see it it's causing the problem. AVG 8 has
caused printing problems.
- - -
See if another third-party program is causing the problem:
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"SUSKE" <suske@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I work with Windows XP servicepack 2 and IE 7. When I want to print a
> webpage, I first try Print Previeuw. I get no text on the screen and the
> scale factor is on 100%. By putting the scale factor to 95% I the text
> appears on the screen, but printing does not work, there is even nothing

in
> the spool of the printer ( HP psc 1310). I already downloaded the latest
> updates of windows and reinstalled the printer.
> Gratefull for your suggestions.
>
> SUSKE

Re: Printing problems in IE7
> ...When I want to print a
> webpage, I first try Print Previeuw. I get no text on the screen and the
> scale factor is on 100%.

The fact that scale factor should default to "Shrink to Fit" but doesn't
suggests that you may have a horked (dirty; bad; flawed) install of IE7.

1. Uninstall IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6) EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html [Only use the Command
%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot uninstall via Add/Remove
Programs! Ignore any references to Vista.]

2a. Uninstall all toolbars and third-party Windows Themes (including Window
Blinds).

2b. Disable all Norton Add-ons, if applicable.

3. Reinstall IE7 EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install <= Steps #1-8, #10 &
#11; take note of #12, then STOP!

NB: Use http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/default.mspx as the

Or Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

4. IMMEDIATELY go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any
critical updates offered. If a "Root Certificates" update is listed in the
Optional category, you might install it, too, to take full advantage of
IE7's additional security.

Also see:

IEBlog : IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/Aa740486.aspx

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

SUSKE wrote:
> I work with Windows XP servicepack 2 and IE 7. When I want to print a
> webpage, I first try Print Previeuw. I get no text on the screen and the
> scale factor is on 100%. By putting the scale factor to 95% I the text
> appears on the screen, but printing does not work, there is even nothing
> in
> the spool of the printer ( HP psc 1310). I already downloaded the latest
> updates of windows and reinstalled the printer.
> Gratefull for your suggestions.

SUSKE

Re: Printing problems in IE7
Hello,
I tried the browser without adds-on, but had no result.
But now I noticed that I have this printing problem with only one website(a
newspaper related ).
Could it be possible that they are still working wtih IE6?
ANd if so, is there a solution?
Many thanks.
--
SUSKE