Pop-ups

anthony_ng15

Pop-ups
i was wondering if anyone could help me figure out something for internet
explorer: is there any way that I can get back the message that pops up for
the activex control? and for the pop-ups? even after clicking the "do not
show this message again"

Thanks.
Don Varnau

Re: Pop-ups
Hi,
Instructions should apply to IE7 and IE6 XP SP2...
IE> Tools> Pop-up blocker> Settings, check "Show Information Bar when a
pop-up is blocked" and (if desired) "Play a sound."

You may also have to go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone and if
"Default level" is not grayed out, reset the zone to default.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"anthony_ng15" <anthony_ng15@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i was wondering if anyone could help me figure out something for internet
> explorer: is there any way that I can get back the message that pops up

for
> the activex control? and for the pop-ups? even after clicking the "do not
> show this message again"
>
> Thanks.

Donald Anadell

Re: Pop-ups

"anthony_ng15" <anthony_ng15@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i was wondering if anyone could help me figure out something for internet
> explorer: is there any way that I can get back the message that pops up
> for
> the activex control? and for the pop-ups?

> even after clicking the "do not
> show this message again"

Hi,

If you are referring to the Alert dialog box entitled "Information Bar" that
contains the message "Did you notice the Information Bar", and you
checkmarked the box next to "Don't show this message again", then you will
have to do a Registry tweak in order to get that Alert dialog box back
again.

When you put a checkmark in that Alert dialog box next to "Don't show this
message again", it creates a Registry Key at the following address:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\InformationBar
DWORD NAME = FirstTime
Value = 0

In order to get that Alert dialog box back again you will have to use the
Registry Editor and navigate to the Key listed about, modify the Value of
"FirstTime" from 0(zero) to 1(one).

This should bring back the Alert box along with the yellow Information Bar.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell