Internet Explorer 7

maetmacs

Internet Explorer 7
hate, hate, hate internet explorer 7 - no control over arrangement of
toolbars/icon bars - ms needs to free up the address bar and all of the
toolbars so they can be arranged to users' preference - dealbreaker for me -
caused me to uninstall 7 and go back to 6, and what a mess that is to do -
I'm "this close" to buying a MAC.
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 7
Did you have a question for your fellow users, or did you just feel like
blowing off some steam?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

maetmacs wrote:
> hate, hate, hate internet explorer 7 - no control over arrangement of
> toolbars/icon bars - ms needs to free up the address bar and all of the
> toolbars so they can be arranged to users' preference - dealbreaker for me -
> caused me to uninstall 7 and go back to 6, and what a mess that is to do -
> I'm "this close" to buying a MAC.

Kayman

Re: Internet Explorer 7
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:35:02 -0700, maetmacs wrote:

> hate, hate, hate internet explorer 7 - no control over arrangement of
> toolbars/icon bars - ms needs to free up the address bar and all of the
> toolbars so they can be arranged to users' preference - dealbreaker for me -
> caused me to uninstall 7 and go back to 6, and what a mess that is to do -
> I'm "this close" to buying a MAC.

To uninstall IE 7 (which returns you to IE 6) follow these directions:

Start, Settings, Control Panel then click Add or Remove Programs, locate
IE7 and uninstall it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
and
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html

If you upgraded to IE 7 *before* you applied SP 3, you'll have to
uninstall SP 3 first.

Read this before installing IE7:
Sandi's Installation Tips: 1 thru 8, 10 and 11, note 12 that's it.

Do not use Automatic/Windows Update for downloading/installing IE7!

Use this link instead:
Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP:

Save the program to your desktop then install.

Activate Windows Update after installing IE7 to download/install pertinent
updates offered, including Root Certificates updates.

Re: Internet Explorer 7
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.