Keyboard has bone besrk

microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.general

Roger Stenson

Keyboard has bone besrk
Hi
I am running Vista Ultimate which is fixed up to the hilt
Suddenly my keyboard has gone beserk. When I press Shift or Caps Lock it
goes into lower case and when I reverse these actions it settles in
permanent upper case. It won't type numbers and supplies the shift symbol
instead. When I select a folder in Windows Explorer it it ticks and selects
every file in the right hand screen
I have a new message when it starts up 'Do you want to turn the keyboard
flter on. I answer no to that
I have restored the last know good and the last restore point. Nothing makes
any difference
The computer is unusable

Roger Stenson.

Phil

Re: Keyboard has bone besrk
Salut roger
Tu es sur le mauvais forum ; essaye sur un forum anglophone
Bonne chance
Phil
"Roger Stenson" <roger@stensons.org.uk> a écrit dans le message de
> Hi
> I am running Vista Ultimate which is fixed up to the hilt
> Suddenly my keyboard has gone beserk. When I press Shift or Caps Lock it
> goes into lower case and when I reverse these actions it settles in
> permanent upper case. It won't type numbers and supplies the shift symbol
> instead. When I select a folder in Windows Explorer it it ticks and
> selects every file in the right hand screen
> I have a new message when it starts up 'Do you want to turn the keyboard
> flter on. I answer no to that
> I have restored the last know good and the last restore point. Nothing
> makes any difference
> The computer is unusable
>
> Roger Stenson.

paintboy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Keyboard has bone besrk
I'm sure that you already have figured this one out but perhaps others with the same issue will find this helpful. I had the same problem and found this as a solution. This is just a cut/paste (see below) from another location. All I did was press shift/capslock at the same time and it turned off this feature. I did it a couple of times (with me it's like pressing an elevator button - if you press it more often the elevator will come faster). I hope this helps.

Try this.....

Go to Control Panel then Accesibility Options. If Sticky Keys is ticked, untick it.

If it isn't ticked then the Shift key is stuck on.

If Sticky keys is on then a single press of the Shift key will lock it into Shift until you press it again.

If you have Caps Lock on and press Shift you type lower case. If you press Shift and Enter you do a line feed. Exactly what your brother is getting. So either Sticky keys is on or the Shift key is stuck.