Security - limited number of password attempts in Windows Vista Ho

microsoft.public.es.windowsvista

Mark

Security - limited number of password attempts in Windows Vista Ho
Hej, it seems like there is no way to set a limit for login attempts in
Windows Vista Home Premium, I googled after this option and it seems that is
only the bussiness and ultimate versions that have this security option.

If this is correct I am very disapointed, because all other security
measures are in vain if you have a static IP and no limits on user login
attempts, because a hacker can use password guessing programs for as many
days as it takes to crak it, if he is persistent he will gain access to your
pc eventually, is just a matter of time.

I have taken all the measures I know of to protect my pc, antivirus,
firewall, etc. But every person that understands a bit about security knows
that an attack starts with finding an active IP, then exploring for
vulnerabilities, and having unlimited password attempts is obviously a basic
vulnerability. A hacker can set their password guessing program on automatic
and let it run for as much days as necesary, without moving a finger, and he
will eventually gain access.

Having unlimited password attempts, is a main security vulnerability, it is
like a duck waiting to be shot down.

Please tell me that this is not true, please tell me that user logins can be
set to a limited amount of password attempts. And please tell me how,
becuasue no one else I have met seems to know.
{ C y b e r }

Re: Security - limited number of password attempts in Windows Vista Ho
>Please tell me that this is not true

I'm afraid that it is.
There is not gpedit console in Vista Home versions so it's not possible to
manage this kind of security items.