list of recently used programs stays empty

microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.registry

Zwots

list of recently used programs stays empty
Hello all,

The start menu 'list of recently used programs' stays empty after I did some
tweaking like disabling window animation and disabling a few 'visual'
features. Whatever I do, I can't bring it back, the list stays cleared. To my
opinion this must be done by one or more registry settings ...
Is this correct? What keys could these be?

BTW: it's only MY user account that has this error, my wifes account is OK,
she has the list the way it has to be.

Thanks to all.

PS: sorry for my bad English, I'm Flemish (Dutch)

Helmut Rohrbeck

Re: list of recently used programs stays empty
Zwots schrieb:
> The start menu 'list of recently used programs' stays empty after I
> did some tweaking like disabling window animation and disabling a few
> 'visual' features. Whatever I do, I can't bring it back, the list
> stays cleared. To my opinion this must be done by one or more
> registry settings ...
> Is this correct?

No. You can change this settings as follows:
Right click the taskbar, then "properties". Open the tab "Start Menu"
and activate "Start menu" - the first option.
Activate the options below "Privacy":
[v] "Store and display a list of recently opened files" and
[v] "Store and display a list of recently opened programs".
Click the "OK" button.

--
Helmut Rohrbeck www.helmrohr.de
Mail nur ├╝ber das Kontaktformular

lukvdh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Same problem overe here, no solution found yet ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwots View Post
Hello all,

The start menu 'list of recently used programs' stays empty after I did some
tweaking like disabling window animation and disabling a few 'visual'
features. Whatever I do, I can't bring it back, the list stays cleared. To my
opinion this must be done by one or more registry settings ...
Is this correct? What keys could these be?

BTW: it's only MY user account that has this error, my wifes account is OK,
she has the list the way it has to be.

Thanks to all.

PS: sorry for my bad English, I'm Flemish (Dutch)
Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem for some time now. The 'regular' settings in Vista don't fix the problem.

Did you find a solution yet????

And by the way, I'm Dutch / Flemish also ;-)
Gert Belsemeyer

AW: list of recently used programs stays empty
Hello you Dutch guys, groetjes,
As per my experiance the probability to get an answer on an English
question in the German Usenet is fairly low.

"lukvdh" <lukvdh.38n306@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:lukvdh.38n306@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Zwots;267073 Wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> The start menu 'list of recently used programs' stays empty after I
>> did
>> some
>> tweaking like disabling window animation and disabling a few
>> 'visual'
>> features. Whatever I do, I can't bring it back, the list stays
>> cleared.
>> To my
>> opinion this must be done by one or more registry settings ...
>> Is this correct? What keys could these be?
>>
>> BTW: it's only MY user account that has this error, my wifes
>> account is
>> OK,
>> she has the list the way it has to be.
>>
>> Thanks to all.
>>
>> PS: sorry for my bad English, I'm Flemish (Dutch)

> Hi,
>
> I'm having exactly the same problem for some time now. The 'regular'
> settings in Vista don't fix the problem.
>
> Did you find a solution yet????
>
> And by the way, I'm Dutch / Flemish also ;-)
>

> --
> lukvdh

I do not really have The Solution, but recently detected that in Vista
you can modify the number of entries in this list. Thus I'ld recommend
you try to just modify this setting and hope that your list may
reoccur. Simply in the properties setting of the Startbutton, below
the options list, you find "Number of recent Programs" and a select
box. Sorry this is a free translation from a German Vista.

hertlijke groeten
Gert Belsemeyer

heidenator is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: AW: list of recently used programs stays empty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert Belsemeyer View Post
Hello you Dutch guys, groetjes,
As per my experiance the probability to get an answer on an English
question in the German Usenet is fairly low.

"lukvdh" <lukvdh.38n306@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:lukvdh.38n306@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Zwots;267073 Wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> The start menu 'list of recently used programs' stays empty after I
>> did
>> some
>> tweaking like disabling window animation and disabling a few
>> 'visual'
>> features. Whatever I do, I can't bring it back, the list stays
>> cleared.
>> To my
>> opinion this must be done by one or more registry settings ...
>> Is this correct? What keys could these be?
>>
>> BTW: it's only MY user account that has this error, my wifes
>> account is
>> OK,
>> she has the list the way it has to be.
>>
>> Thanks to all.
>>
>> PS: sorry for my bad English, I'm Flemish (Dutch)

> Hi,
>
> I'm having exactly the same problem for some time now. The 'regular'
> settings in Vista don't fix the problem.
>
> Did you find a solution yet????
>
> And by the way, I'm Dutch / Flemish also ;-)
>

> --
> lukvdh

I do not really have The Solution, but recently detected that in Vista
you can modify the number of entries in this list. Thus I'ld recommend
you try to just modify this setting and hope that your list may
reoccur. Simply in the properties setting of the Startbutton, below
the options list, you find "Number of recent Programs" and a select
box. Sorry this is a free translation from a German Vista.

hertlijke groeten
Gert Belsemeyer
I'm having the same problem I tried changing the number of display items and I've checked and unchecked display recently opened Programs in start menu, and store displayed recently opened Items in the start menu and the task bar