Microsoft Research Virtual WiFi

microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.registry

Dan

Microsoft Research Virtual WiFi
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/...-8ba1dcccead7/

I downloaded and installed Virtual WiFi onto both of my Vista machines. Now
WiFi connectivity in Vista is perfect 24/7 high bandwidth, just like in
Windows 7 beta.

Speculative reason why: Virtual WiFi is designed with the assumption that
there are more than one wireless access points nearby and provides an option
of connecting to more than one at once. I live in a high density wireless
11n neighborhood. The assumptions used in writing the simple minded wireless
adapter device driver(s), were incorrect for my environment. I do not plan
to use the Virtual WiFi features but I am happy with the results. Windows 7
beta is slightly more sophisticated than Vista but I don't like it.

Please ignore previous Babelfish posts on this subject.

JohnnyD is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Microsoft Research Virtual WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Microsoft Research Virtual WiFi - Microsoft Research

I downloaded and installed Virtual WiFi onto both of my Vista machines. Now
WiFi connectivity in Vista is perfect 24/7 high bandwidth, just like in
Windows 7 beta.

Speculative reason why: Virtual WiFi is designed with the assumption that
there are more than one wireless access points nearby and provides an option
of connecting to more than one at once. I live in a high density wireless
11n neighborhood. The assumptions used in writing the simple minded wireless
adapter device driver(s), were incorrect for my environment. I do not plan
to use the Virtual WiFi features but I am happy with the results. Windows 7
beta is slightly more sophisticated than Vista but I don't like it.

Please ignore previous Babelfish posts on this subject.
Can you give me the instructions to install this on Vista?
Don

"JohnnyD" <JohnnyD.3ov408@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Dan;1190810 Wrote:
>> 'Microsoft Research Virtual WiFi - Microsoft Research'
>> (http://tinyurl.com/7tntr5)
>>
>> I downloaded and installed Virtual WiFi onto both of my Vista machines.
>> Now
>> WiFi connectivity in Vista is perfect 24/7 high bandwidth, just like
>> in
>> Windows 7 beta.
>>
>> Speculative reason why: Virtual WiFi is designed with the assumption
>> that
>> there are more than one wireless access points nearby and provides an
>> option
>> of connecting to more than one at once. I live in a high density
>> wireless
>> 11n neighborhood. The assumptions used in writing the simple minded
>> wireless
>> adapter device driver(s), were incorrect for my environment. I do not
>> plan
>> to use the Virtual WiFi features but I am happy with the results.
>> Windows 7
>> beta is slightly more sophisticated than Vista but I don't like it.
>>
>> Please ignore previous Babelfish posts on this subject.

> Can you give me the instructions to install this on Vista?
>

> --
> JohnnyD

Just visit:
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/...-8ba1dcccead7/

and download. Follow instructions. It works great. It stabilizes a 11g/11n
wireless connection in the presence of numerous access points. If one had
authorization for more than one wireless access point, according to the
documentation, you could establish 'virtual' wireless connections to more
than one access point simultaneously. This would be great for multiplying
one's bandwidth to the Internet. However, most people who control wireless
routers only give access to household members, so this capability is hard to
test or conform in a real world situation. This MS research software is
highly recommended for those who need to maintain a 24/7 high bandwidth
Internet connection from a desktop to a wireless router. Works good with
DWA552. Causes no adverse affects with DWA142. May work good with DWL-G630.
This software cannot do any harm and it is likely to do a world of good in a
residential environment that is overly dense with 11g/11n wireless routers.
I use it and I love it.