VISTA: NUMEROUS PROBLEMS

microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.registry

radioman

VISTA: NUMEROUS PROBLEMS
Hello,
My son got me a new Acer notebook PC, model #ZR1 last week. It has the new
Vista operating system equipted on it and it is giving me some troubles.
They would seem to be minor to some, but after having XP ust the troublefree
way I like it. they are a big deal to me. I've called Acer a couple times
and each time they had had me restore the system to factory specs which just
got me off the phone and no help at all.

Specifically the 3 biggies are:
1. My polaroaid digital camera, w/ software installed will not fully open
upto allow transfer of pictures to PC via USB. I sent E-mail to Polaroid in
hopes there are a patch or fix for this problem. 3 days, no answer. Sending
again after this.

2. When I download thumbnails from a site, they will not open any bigger on
the notebook than the original thumbnails. NOTE: When done from same site on
a PC with XP home, they will enlarge in about 97% of the cases.

3. Similar with screensavers. Most won't open up once downloaded.same
circumstances as above. On #1, #2, the downloads were found through Google
and the subject matter was my favorite actress, Alicia Silverstone.

Now, Does anyone know anything about any similar problems or conflicts being
reporter and / or any repairs for same.

Please help. I am a candidate for a heart transplant and my notebook is my
only companionship every day. When things go well, time flies by quickly.
these problems make time drag on and on.

Thank you to all for any ideas or suggestions.

God Bless,
Radioman (Ray Miller)

olwitch

RE: VISTA: NUMEROUS PROBLEMS

"radioman" wrote:

> Hello,
> My son got me a new Acer notebook PC, model #ZR1 last week. It has the new
> Vista operating system equipted on it and it is giving me some troubles.
> They would seem to be minor to some, but after having XP ust the troublefree
> way I like it. they are a big deal to me. I've called Acer a couple times
> and each time they had had me restore the system to factory specs which just
> got me off the phone and no help at all.
>
> Specifically the 3 biggies are:
> 1. My polaroaid digital camera, w/ software installed will not fully open
> upto allow transfer of pictures to PC via USB. I sent E-mail to Polaroid in
> hopes there are a patch or fix for this problem. 3 days, no answer. Sending
> again after this.
>
> 2. When I download thumbnails from a site, they will not open any bigger on
> the notebook than the original thumbnails. NOTE: When done from same site on
> a PC with XP home, they will enlarge in about 97% of the cases.
>
> 3. Similar with screensavers. Most won't open up once downloaded.same
> circumstances as above. On #1, #2, the downloads were found through Google
> and the subject matter was my favorite actress, Alicia Silverstone.
>
> Now, Does anyone know anything about any similar problems or conflicts being
> reporter and / or any repairs for same.
>
> Please help. I am a candidate for a heart transplant and my notebook is my
> only companionship every day. When things go well, time flies by quickly.
> these problems make time drag on and on.
>
> Thank you to all for any ideas or suggestions.
>
> God Bless,
> Radioman (Ray Miller)
>
> Hi Ray

I just purchased a new Acer myself, with Vista and I've had nothing but
endless problems. It freezes, it won't shut off, it bounces to another line
while I'm on office, I find myself typing in the middle of a line two
paragraphs above where I should be. It won't open my old programs, it's
slow, and it has problems uninstalling unwanted programsn. As far as I'm
concerned I wish they had just stuck with XP. I have no ideas or
suggestions, all I can offer is my sympathy, and maybe do what many of us are
doing and that is trying to find a copy of XP.

olwitch (deb decamillis)
PORKCHOP

RE: VISTA: NUMEROUS PROBLEMS
Ray & olwitch, have you found any cure to the many problems of Vista. Your
list of problems sounds like the trouble I have been having with Vista.
Besides the jumping cursor, the screensaver freezing and causing me to have
to reboot has me pulling my hair. Now the screensaver has decided not to
work at all. I've used Webshots screensaver on my XP for years and it is
beautiful there. Have you found a screensaver that works with Vista?
Porkchop aka mackould@comcast.net