Next Windows Home Server (VAIL) beta is available now

microsoft.public.de.windows.homeserver

Leen

Next Windows Home Server (VAIL) beta is available now
English only right now.

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/win...r/default.aspx

Have a nice day!

--
Leen
- Bobb -

Re:Windows Home Server (VAIL) beta is available now

"Leen" <ms_windows_2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> English only right now.
>
> http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/win...r/default.aspx
>

> Have a nice day!
>
> --
> Leen

Anyone successful at burning the InstallDVD.iso file ?
I've downloaded 3 times, checksum works , but when I try to copy the file or
burn it I get an error.
check errorlog and full of "error 51 ". I have burned many iso files to dvd
but no luck with this file.
I had been saving to my USB drive - now trying internal drive to see if USB
vs internal matters
( had to make some space first since file is 3.5gb)

Phillip Windell

Re: Re:Windows Home Server (VAIL) beta is available now
I thought I remember there being issues between the File System choices on
the disk you try to burn.

Your choices are:

1. Joliet
2. ISO9660
3. UDF

I think it may require it to be set to UDF,...but you may have to experiment
because I don't remember for sure. I'm getting old,...can barely remember
yesterday (or was that Tuesday?)

--
Phillip Windell

Bill Sanderson

Re: Re:Windows Home Server (VAIL) beta is available now
Mine burned ok. Haven't gotten to installing with it but I think I did a
verify on the burn and I can dig through the files fine.

> "Leen" <ms_windows_2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> English only right now.
>>
>> http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/win...r/default.aspx
>>

>> Have a nice day!
>>
>> --
>> Leen

> Anyone successful at burning the InstallDVD.iso file ?
> I've downloaded 3 times, checksum works , but when I try to copy the file
> or
> burn it I get an error.
> check errorlog and full of "error 51 ". I have burned many iso files to
> dvd
> but no luck with this file.
> I had been saving to my USB drive - now trying internal drive to see if
> USB
> vs internal matters
> ( had to make some space first since file is 3.5gb)

- Bobb -

Re: Re:Windows Home Server (VAIL) beta is available now
Thanks
Failed 3 times when using my external USB drive.
Saved once to internal IDE drive - fine - burned/verified no problems.
Not sure if a MyBook drive issue ... will investigate later.