English Home Server Group?

microsoft.public.de.windows.homeserver

Nigel Molesworth

English Home Server Group?
Apologies for posting in a DE group, but I can't find an English Home Server
Group. Is there one?

--
Nigel M

I'm discussing apples, so don't suggest bananas
Bill

Re: English Home Server Group?
Nope Nigel, this is it. Probably this one wouldn't be here either if it
weren't for Olaf. He never said it, but I suspect he played a role in
getting this one established. For us English speaking souls, there is no
NNTP WHS newsgroups. At the insistence of the WHS Product Group, we are to
use the Forums (which I detest) at the following link

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...owsHomeServer/

But don't look for me there, you won't see me! But we do have some pretty
good discussions in the Early Feedback and Cafe newsgroups on Connect if you
have access. And I have occasionally popped in here with a question or two.
Olaf usually answers pretty quickly. I also check in here frequently and am
learning a little German, at least reading anyway.

But I do feel we need NNTP access to an English WHS group. I've put in
Suggestion Feedback on Microsoft Connect, but they always get closed as
"Won't Fix, By Design."

BullDawg

newssv4j4t1dc5dc1gu7ka78ahbl2ovfkqn5s@4ax.com...

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:46:53 +0900, "Bill" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com>
wrote:

>I do feel we need NNTP access to an English WHS group.

Having looked at a few threads, it seems that this *is* English WHS group

Bill Sanderson

Re: English Home Server Group?
Only because Olaf and the others here are kind enough to tolerate an
occasional English thread. I'd suggest not abusing that tolerance--we need
to work with Microsoft on the adequacy of the support forum, rather than
place demands on an NNTP group that was created for a specific purpose.

--

> On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:46:53 +0900, "Bill"
> <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I do feel we need NNTP access to an English WHS group.

> Having looked at a few threads, it seems that this *is* English WHS group

Olaf Engelke

Re: English Home Server Group?
Hi,
"Bill Sanderson" <bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Only because Olaf and the others here are kind enough to tolerate an
> occasional English thread. I'd suggest not abusing that tolerance--we
> need to work with Microsoft on the adequacy of the support forum, rather
> than place demands on an NNTP group that was created for a specific
> purpose.

anyway, you are welcome to post your questions also here - we will do our
best to help you, as long as its German or English. Russian may be possible
from my side, but it's so hard to type on a non cyrillic keyboard and even
harder to understand for many others ;-)

Best greetings from North Germany
Olaf

Bill Sanderson

Re: English Home Server Group?
Vielen Dank!

(My mother spoke German at home to her parents, but lost it over time--and I
heard it a little while my grandparents were alive, but that was long ago!)