Power Pack 1 angekuendigt

microsoft.public.de.windows.homeserver

Olaf Engelke [MVP Windows Server]

Power Pack 1 angekuendigt
Fuer das kommende Fruehjahr wurde das Power Pack 1 fuer Windows Home Server
angekuendigt.
Dieses wird dann ueber Windows Update bereitgestellt und ergaenzt einige in
der Vergangenheit oft nachgefragte Funktionen, unter anderem:
- 64 Bit Verbindungssoftware
- Datensicherung des Servers auf ein externes Laufwerk
- Reparatur von Datenbankinkonsistenzen
- Verbesserung der Remoteeinstellungen

Mehr Informationen auch unter
http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/p...lestonePR.mspx
http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/
http://www.home-server-blog.de/

Viele Gruesse
Olaf

Bill

Windows Home Server English Newsgroup
Olaf,

Been lurking here due to the lack of an English Public newsgroup for WHS.
Do you have any status? Or any progress of the forums adding an NNTP format
as promised by Kevin B. before he shut down the beta newsgroups?

BullDawg

Olaf Engelke [MVP Windows Server]

Re: Windows Home Server English Newsgroup
Hi Bill,
"Bill" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Been lurking here due to the lack of an English Public newsgroup for WHS.
> Do you have any status? Or any progress of the forums adding an NNTP
> format as promised by Kevin B. before he shut down the beta newsgroups?

unfortunately no news in that direction.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Bill

Re: Windows Home Server English Newsgroup
Thanks Olaf.

BullDawg

"Olaf Engelke [MVP Windows Server]" <oenews01@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi Bill,
> "Bill" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Been lurking here due to the lack of an English Public newsgroup for WHS.
>> Do you have any status? Or any progress of the forums adding an NNTP
>> format as promised by Kevin B. before he shut down the beta newsgroups?
>>

> unfortunately no news in that direction.
> Best greetings from Germany
> Olaf

Bill Sanderson

Re: Windows Home Server English Newsgroup
Ditto, from another Bill. I don't recall that promise, unfortunately.

"Bill" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> wrote in message
> Olaf,
>
> Been lurking here due to the lack of an English Public newsgroup for WHS.
> Do you have any status? Or any progress of the forums adding an NNTP
> format as promised by Kevin B. before he shut down the beta newsgroups?
>
> BullDawg

Bill

Re: Windows Home Server English Newsgroup
From a 9 Nov 07 post by Kevin B:

"...I am still currently researching an offline story for web forums so
that our NNTP community can engage with the technology that they are most
comfortable with. I can make no time commitment as I am working with the Web
Forums team who owns this technology. So, until they can provide a workable
solution to provide a synch between the web forums and an NNTP newsgroup(s),
I cannot provide you all with an NNTP solution.
.. For now, if you want to continue to discuss and interact with your fellow
community members and the Windows Home Server team, you can access the
public forum at http://forums.microsoft.com/windowshomeserver..."

Bill