Join Date: Sep 2012
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi... Please HELP!
my Window Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working
I cant open IE, and i get Firefox has stopped working and chrome has stopped working errors, however with firefox it eventually opens. I also I get Rundll32 errors in other places, like when i right click on desktop and click personalize... none of those options seem to work. In System32, the rundll32.exe looks like a page icon
I have tried
1) f takedown to take control of rundll, rebooted in safe mode and tried to del, ACCESS DENIED
2) i tried sfc /scannow.... twice (cbv.log shows only problem being the sidebar)
3) i tried Nero/DsFilter thingy... renamed all those, didnt work
4) ran IObit Malware fighter ... fixed errors, but no improvement
5) ran Spybot found a few things there like babylon, fixed those... no improvement
6) i uninstalled Nero which was a trial that came with the pc, and uninstalled Quicktime and Xvid no change
7) in Control panel/System/adv settings/performance settings/Data execution Prevention, i added Rundll32... but nothing changed
8) i Tried msconfig> services> hid all microsoft services and disabled the rest. Restarted, but the problem remained
9)I created a new user account and was able to open IE, at some point i received another rundll error report, but that was it. There is a terrible lag, pages struggle to open, firefox takes up to 3min before it opens. this is not better
10) i tried opening IE w/o add ons and it worked, then i tried again and it didnt! very strange behaviour! i tried to goto Control panel, Internet options>advanced>manage add on's but i cant get it, keep getting the Rundll32 error message.
I got Vista with my laptop so i dont have the Installation CD, also no back ups. And no decent Restore point.. i always use the hybernate option( learnt my lesson now)
Is there something that i havent tried? Please help!!!