Hello there, whoever can help me will go down as the absolute smartest person in the world... To me anyways.
For the past Several months my USB mouse (which came with NO software) will work for a while, then stop, then work and now will not work at all. I have tried two different kinds of mice, one wireless and one with a USB cord.
I know a lot of you have think this is an easy fix. But I have been to forum, after forum, after forum. Trust me, this is no easy fix. ANY SUGGESTIONS would be GREATLY appreciated. Here is a list of things I HAVE ALREADY tried to fix the problem.
1. Disable the driver and re-enable it. (that use to work)
2. Unplug the power, remove the battery, wait 30 minutes.
3. Update Windows.
4. Removed the INFCACHE.1 file from the "roots".
5. System restore/System roll back.
6. Update drivers
7. Tested other USB devices in the ports. (getting power)
8. Roll back the driver is unavailable because there is nothing to roll back to.
There are no drivers for the mouse because it is a plug and play device.
2007 HP Laptop Vista
"My brain, it hurts!"