Google EULA on laptop running Vista

Introduce Yourself

Maximumdog is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Google EULA on laptop running Vista
I have just purchased a new Toshiba laptop which has the Vista OS
At start up I have 3 Google EULA windows which I can't get rid of
I saw something about going through "Task Manager"
Where can I find this and what will I do with it when I do?
I had no problems with XP but this VISTA syatem is breaking my heart
Can anybody help....in simple language pleae

Brains is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Google EULA on laptop running Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximumdog View Post
I have just purchased a new Toshiba laptop which has the Vista OS
At start up I have 3 Google EULA windows which I can't get rid of
I saw something about going through "Task Manager"
Where can I find this and what will I do with it when I do?
I had no problems with XP but this VISTA syatem is breaking my heart
Can anybody help....in simple language pleae

Going into the task manager will only enable you to close it down but it will reappear when you start your computer up the next time.
One way to get rid of this problem for good is to delete what is called the launcher program (the file that tells the computer to start that page up). This launcher can be found and deleted by doing the following:
Open the start menu
Click on Computer
Double click C:/Vista drive
Double click program files
In the list of folders there should be one called Google, double click that
In there, you should find a folder called Google EULA, double click that
In this folder, you should find a program called GoogleEULAlauncher, this is the launcher you are looking for, right-click on this file and select delete.

This file will now go to your recycle bin, providing you are the administrator.
Restart your computer and the window that appeared previously should now be gone. If the computer has any problems because of the deleting of the file, it can be restored from the recycle bin back to where it came from.
This is how I managed to fix the problem on one of my friends' computer (Toshiba laptop), so I reckon it should work on other computers, but if it doesn't, let me know.