comptability windows vista - windows XP

Introduce Yourself

dirk soolsma is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
comptability windows vista - windows XP
Hi, I recently bought a new computer with windows vista. the last 5 years I had a XP computer and now I have great difficulties with the starting up of the games \i used to play with my XP computer.

The new pc is much faster > which is a big advantage, but the comptability with older games is not good. Untill now I am not too happy with my new PC.

The game I play is for exemple : Silent Hunter III

Is there perhaps somebody who can give me some advice ?
Paul's Avatar
Moderator

Location: wicklow mts
Paul will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Hi dirk

Welcome to the vistaheads forum Unfortunately I am not an sh3 player and you will find a lot of games that ran perfect on XP will just not run in vista unless the game developers write a patch or update drivers, I think you may find this link very useful as it appears many people have the same issue as you and have got sh3 to run in vista
SH3 Vista Problem - Topic Powered by eve community let me know how you get on? in the meantime please feel free to have a browse about to familiarise yourself with Vistaheads, make a post maybe or even help someone out with a problem if you can! Either way, good to have you aboard, if you submit your problem with sh3 in vista general or start a new thread in the news groups you will reach a wider audience and a better chance of getting problems resolved. Thank you in advance for your future input,

Regards,

Paul

Last edited by Paul : 03-03-2008 at 21:55.