Greetings!

Introduce Yourself

PHGray is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings!
Hi,

Like many others I'm sure, I'm here because of issues encountered with Vista.

I'm not an expert, but I have been using computers since DOS days, after that NT 4, Win 2000, XP and now Vista. Originally, when we got this newest computer, was thinking of taking the Vista off it came with and putting XP on. Decided to do a "test drive" of Vista before doing so and found I like some things about it (not the least of which is Chess Titans, LOL) even though several aspects of using Vista have been "challenging", to say the least.

Anyway, hope to find some info and solutions here, because even though the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned, I would like to keep Vista on this particular computer for now.
Paul's Avatar
Moderator

Location: wicklow mts
Paul will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Hi PHGray

Welcome to the vistaheads forum and yes vista is full of a few headaches for the moment but we'll see what SP1 sorts out in a couple of weeks In the meantime please feel free to have a browse about to familiarise yourself with the site, make a post maybe or even help someone out with a problem if you can! Either way, good to have you aboard, if you submit your problem in vista general or start a new thread in the news groups you will reach a wider audience and a better chance of getting problems resolved. Thank you in advance for your future input,

Regards,

Paul

PHGray is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the welcome.

After an issue I've been having with Systemsworks, and a few other headaches, as you put, LOL, sometimes I do consider wiping Vista off and putting XP on. Right now I'm wondering if maybe I should wait until SP 1 is available and see if that helps or not.