Accidentally deleted Windows Media Center

Introduce Yourself

scrodzilla is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Accidentally deleted Windows Media Center
Yep...that's right. I'm a dumbass and accidentally deleted Media Center in it's entirety. Not sure when I did this but it must have been sometime in the past few months. Is there any way to get it back?
Also, Windows DVD maker stopped working. It goes REALLY slow when attempting to burn a disc and when it gets to 99%, it tells me it's unable to create DVD. I don't use it often and am wondering if this has anything to do with my missing Media Center. Ugh.

Scrod
Paul's Avatar
Moderator

Location: wicklow mts
Paul will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Hi scrodzilla

welcome to the vistaheads forum Sorry for the extremely long delay in responding but we are inundated with requests for help Please feel free to have a browse about to familiarise yourself with the site, make a post maybe or even help someone out with a problem if you can! Either way, good to have you aboard, if you submit your problem in vista general or start a new thread in the news groups you will reach a wider audience and a better chance of getting problems resolved. Thank you in advance for your future input,

Regards,

Paul

skoushik333 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,
i also had the problem but solved. The original Windows Media Center file is not deleted. Go to C:\Windows\ehome\. There you'll find ehshell.exe or ehshell with the media center icon. That is the original file. Now create a shortcut of that and put it to your start menu. That's it. If you have any problems post it. Hope this helps!!! and sorry i don't know about DVD Maker coz i don't have a DVD writer so i don't use it. And it's nothing related to Media Center.

NIN88 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Accidentally deleted Windows Media Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoushik333 View Post
Hi,
i also had the problem but solved. The original Windows Media Center file is not deleted. Go to C:\Windows\ehome\. There you'll find ehshell.exe or ehshell with the media center icon. That is the original file. Now create a shortcut of that and put it to your start menu. That's it. If you have any problems post it. Hope this helps!!! and sorry i don't know about DVD Maker coz i don't have a DVD writer so i don't use it. And it's nothing related to Media Center.
i found the ehshell.exe and when i pushed it its said "Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy. For more information contact your system administrator
just randomly disappeared and i figured i might have deleted it...not sure maybe a virus was found on it and it got deleted...no clue ....plz help...lol

Slimfool101 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Accidentally deleted Windows Media Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN88 View Post
i found the ehshell.exe and when i pushed it its said "Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy. For more information contact your system administrator
just randomly disappeared and i figured i might have deleted it...not sure maybe a virus was found on it and it got deleted...no clue ....plz help...lol
I also have this problem. One day I wanted to use my media center and couldn't find it. So I found this blog and tried out the other persons advice ran into the last guy problem as well. So anybody out there get any farther than, this please help. Sucks how these things happen when you need them.