hello everyone

Introduce Yourself

Location: Baxter Victoria Aus
cat753 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hello everyone
I am new to talking on forums but see by reading a few that there is alot of help out there when you need it.

I have two problems I need help with:
The first being I have two updates that fail when they try to load one is Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 service pack 1 and the other is Update for windows live toolbar(KB944786)

I get two error codes 80070641 and 641.

The second one is that I keep getting this very annoying message come up on the screen saying that I have start up programs blocked how can I get rid of this please?????
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi cat753,

for the error 80070641 try this...

Quote:
If you get this message it means that your "Windows Installer"
service is not enabled or not started.

To fix this click Start>Control Panel>System and Maintenance>Administrative Tools>Services>Give User Account Control password or confirmation>Make sure the service called "Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is on.

If it's not, follow the same steps below that it says for windows installer. >Scroll Down until you see "Windows Installer">Right click>Properties>Under the General tab, make sure the startup type is "Automatic".

This will start the service when windows starts (you want this if you are going to try to install anything)>Click OK>In the left-hand pane of the Services window, where it describes the service, click start. You should now be good to go.
Read this ( Error message when you reach the Windows Vista Desktop: "Windows has blocked some startup programs" ) for the startup program blocked issue,

tell us how you get on,

regards

Steve

Location: Baxter Victoria Aus
cat753 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks
Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply, when I followed your instructions it looks as if it was already setup as auto.

I have tried to attach a screenshot to show you but not sure if it attached properly.

Thanks for your help so far

Cheers

Cheryl