Hello fellow Vista purchasers

Introduce Yourself

Jerry007 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello fellow Vista purchasers
Well I finally made the decission to go with Vista instead of XP on my new computer. After just the first day I get the impression that maybe XP would have been a better choice. This is an awesome tool that will require much of my time to "tame" before I can operate it like I did XP, so I figured the best thing to do is to find out about all the tricks and fixes I can and it looks like I've come to the right place.

Any tips on getting most of the big problems dealt with asap, like downloads, deletions, settings, etc?

Check this out. Anybody know what might be causing the browser to just close on it's own? I'll be on a web page and all of a sudden it's like I clicked on the close X. Then it goes to the desktop.

I had 3 different pages saved down on the task bar and then 2 more closed on me like that while the other one just dissapeared off the task bar without me even being on that page again. Freaky.

I'm right in middle of a bunch of work and don't have time to get into something again just to have it all lost, so I'm jumping on another computer to finish up.

Later
Paul's Avatar
Moderator

Location: wicklow mts
Paul will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Hi Jerry007

welcome to the vistaheads forum Sorry for the extremely long delay in responding but we are inundated with requests for help Please feel free to have a browse about to familiarise yourself with the site, make a post maybe or even help someone out with a problem if you can! Either way, good to have you aboard, if you submit your problem in vista general or start a new thread in the news groups you will reach a wider audience and a better chance of getting problems resolved. Thank you in advance for your future input,

Regards,

Paul