Hi Members I'm Lynne

Introduce Yourself

Lynne Birkbeck is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Members I'm Lynne
Hi to all. My name is Lynne and I am so new to Vista and need all the help I can get. I live in Australia, (Brisbane, great place) and work as a Client Advocate in social housing.
My bigest problem is that I can't seem to get Skype to work with Vista. If anyone has had similar problems and worked out how to do it I would love to hear from you. Cheers
Lynne
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Lynne,

when anyone mentions Australia I just think of warmth and Summer Bay... cause we is freezin up here...

Do you get an error message when you try to install Skype?

regards

Steve

Lynne Birkbeck is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Hi Lynne,

when anyone mentions Australia I just think of warmth and Summer Bay... cause we is freezin up here...

Do you get an error message when you try to install Skype?

regards

Steve
Hi Steve.
thanks for your reply. Quuensland is certainly warm and I am assuming you mean Summer Bay on the Home and Away TV show Yeah. If so well the coastal areas of Australia are all a little like Summer Bay.
Still I love the cold weather having been born in the Snowy Mountains of New South Wales.
I had no problems installing Skype and the initial test phone call worked well but the internet connection kept dropping out and if I use Webcam it disconnects constantly.
Tried to access any number of readers forums regarding vista and skype conflict issues but have not come up with anything that I can understand. Any help would be gratefully accepted. As soon as I uninstalled skyp my internet connection became stable again. I have not tried the webcam again though to determine if it was the problem.
Cheers
Lynne