Browsers crashing

Internet

footballdad is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Browsers crashing
Hello,
Let me first say I am not overly computer savvy but I need some help regarding my computer connecting to the internet. I am using an HP laptop operating windows Vista with IE8. When I attempt to connect to the internet via IE I get the message that it has stopped working and will restart....which it doesn't. I tried to connect through Firefox, but it crashes also and attempts to restore...but won't. On a rare occasion FF will connect, but it is not consistent. My 17yr old probably downloaded something that caused this problem if that is any help. I have ran my CA anti virus and Windows Defenders only to find nothing, but I was able to go into my Start menu then accessories System Tools and my I got my IE to run with no add-ons. I have connectivity because I have another laptop that connects no problem. I don't know if it's a bug or some type of hidden virus I have but it's making my life miserable.

Any help you can give me would be deeply appreciated as my 3 kids need access to the internet for school.
Thanks

Alanmoore is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Browsers crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdad View Post
[...]

If Firefox is crashing, first make sure you are using the latest public release version of Firefox, which will have the most recent fixes. You can download and install the latest version of Firefox from mozilla.com or choose Help -> Check for Updates. You may also wish to review the Firefox release notes for your Firefox version, to see if the issue and solution is listed under "Known Issues".Plugins can crash within their own code or can cause a crash within Firefox code. Try updating your plugins to the latest versions, which you can do through Mozilla's plugin check. You can also temporarily disable your installed plugins to see if the crashes stop,either by disabling the plugin via Tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins or by renaming or removing the associated plugin file. See Issues related to plugins for details on troubleshooting plugin issues.
__________________
vpn | p2p

print47 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Browsers crashing
Your system is affected with virus ........

Thanks!

jantanik is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Browsers crashing
Which anti virus software you are using? Use the best best anti virus software's like AVG or Avast and make sure to update them regularly.

Last edited by jantanik : 12-29-2011 at 10:57.

iphonex is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Browsers crashing
I think you have to format your system it might be affected by virus.