Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Network shows connection but wont connect to internet
Ok, I am hard wired into my netgear router (have tried straight to cable modem and wireless) and I have internet access according to my network yet I cannot access the internet (although windows updates are still working) I am able to access other computers on my network, and they have access to the internet and the computer with issues.
I have taken the following steps: (in order of my memory, not in order of completed)
1. netsh winsock reset
2. ipconfig refresh and renew
4. removed, reinstalled and updated realtek drivers
5. system restore
6. uninstalled windows updates from around the time IE quit
7. ping test times out when i try to ping it but and can ping my laptop but
8. power cycled pc router and modem
9. checked all dns, ip adresses for conflicts and settings
10. added pc to netgear router config utility
11. netsh ip reset
12. malware/spyware removal
13. virus checks
14. stopped all programs at startup via msconfig utility
Im sure there is more that I have done, just cant remember.
What am I missing? This sucker is driving me crazy!
Last edited by ukguyinala : 10-20-2009 at 21:06.
Reason: Changed title and some information regarding problem