Outlook vs Eudora

Internet

genie_lk is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Outlook vs Eudora
Microsoft Outlook:

* Account on the Liberal Arts e-mail server (Exchange) can be provided by us for any Liberal Arts faculty or staff; no paperwork needed; as it's our machine, we can provide direct tech support (password fixes, etc.)
* Access to our centrally-maintained Global Address List, which contains names and accurate e-mail addresses of every faculty and staff member in all of Liberal Arts, plus a few dozen useful distribution lists (examples: "all History faculty," "CLA Graduate Study Directors," "CLA IT Staff"); emphasize the usefulness of the global address list to anyone who routinely corresponds with anyone in our entire school; personal address book also available
* Ability to automatically send e-mail responses when away from campus for vacations or conferences (Out of Office Assistant)
* Ability to access your e-mail from anywhere in the world, anywhere where you're on an Internet-connected computer with a web browser
* Supports the most common file attachment encoding schemes
* Mouse-based, point-and-click interface that is fully integrated with Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
* Personal Information Manager (PIM) built-in: Outlook also provides integrated electronic calendar, contact list, to-do list, and journal features; can be configured to access multiple e-mail accounts

Eudora Light:

* Typically used with Purdue Career Account
* Offers only a personal address book; no centralized e-mail address book available; queries can be sent to the Purdue Electronic Directory Service, but addresses must be manually entered
* No "out of office" functionality
* Ability to access your e-mail from anywhere in the world via a web interface, although it's not full-featured
* Supports only some common file attachment encoding schemes; notably, the very common "uuencode" scheme is not supported by the free Eudora Light (you must purchase the commercial Eudora Pro)
* Mouse-based, point-and-click interface, but not integrated with Microsoft Office
* No built-in PIM; no ability to access multiple e-mail accounts
* Eudora was the first widely-used mouse-based (for Windows and Mac users) e-mail program, and we widely encouraged its use for years; today, Outlook is our preferred e-mail client and we expect it to be so for the foreseeable future
__________________
guranteed_SERP

Location: Italy
katy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Outlook vs Eudora
Hi,

Great features you explore here, but i thought Outlook is best and reliable then any other, what do you guys think about this?

mediaclass is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Outlook vs Eudora
Outlook is much better than all. i have tested alot but satisfy only with outlook.

jimkerosh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Outlook vs Eudora
I like both, but if all you want is an email program for a living, choose Outlook Express. Has everything you want to keep e-mail account. However, if you need something more than that, go with Eudora - but go with the paid version, but if you like the advertising giant.
__________________
The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

shaz1600@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Outlook vs Eudora
That would be my attitude too, Ben. It's just the increasing numbers that bother me, as they push the 'real' threads down the list which makes the topic as such less interesting to any Scotster, old or new, who might happen on it.

SHAZ TAYLORR
a+ exam

cliffdodger is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Outlook vs Eudora
I'll stick with Mozilla Thunderbird myself.

Rupertjack is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Outlook vs Eudora
Hi Dude

The features you gave for Outlook and Eudora are fine. I think Outlook has got more market share compared to Eudora as it is widely used across industry verticals.The Outlook has got good security features compared to Eudora.

Location: UK
romy47 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Outlook vs Eudora
I used Outlook express until i saw this new version of outlook. I used Outlook Express for the same reasons as cbhale, but now the new version of outlook does this.

Garthe is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Outlook vs Eudora
Hi genie,
Both have appealing features but mostly people are using Outlook.
Majority outlook express and then Microsoft Outlook.
It will take time to switch users from Outlook to Eudora.
Kindle ebook reader

jantanik is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Outlook vs Eudora
For decent email program its good to choose Outlook, It has everything that need to maintain an email account. However, if you need something more, then its better to go with Eudora. It comes in two forms, paid program and and sponsored form. Go with the paid version, unless you like the giant ad.