Internet Connection Lost on Wakeup from Sleep

Internet

Location: Scottsdale AZ
JLSchutt is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Internet Connection Lost on Wakeup from Sleep
My PC is running Vista Home Premium SP1 and is hardwired to a Linksys WRT160N router. Every night I shut it down using Vista Sleep, and every morning I wake it up again. For two or three mornings in a row everything is fine - Internet connection is intact, and programs that were running when the PC went to sleep are still running. On the third or fourth morning, the Internet is not connected. However, the PC is connected to the home network and the router. The Network Magic (version 5.1) map shows a good connection from the PC to the router but a bad connection from the router to the cable modem (Motorola SB5120). Asking Network Magic to repair the connection does not fix the problem. Trying ipconfig release/renew does not fix the problem. Power cycling the router does not fix the problem. Restarting the PC does fix the problem.

Now for the strange part. At the same time that my PC cannot access the Internet, my wife's PC (which is using a wireless connection to the router) is working just fine. The Network Magic map on her PC shows a good connection from her PC to the router and a good connection from the router to the cable modem. She can access the Internet with no problem. How can the connection between the router and the cable modem be good for one of the PCs and bad for the other?

It's not a big problem for me to just restart my PC every third or fourth morning, but I'd like to find a simpler way than restarting the PC to restore the dropped Internet connection if possible. Better still, I'd like to prevent the loss of the Internet connection in the first place. Any ideas?

--Jim--

Location: carlsbad, CA
DrVoIP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Internet Connection Lost on Wakeup from Sleep
to be frank never came such a situation where internet works fine on one system but not on the other .....but anyways why dnt you disable and enable the connection once ...may be it will workl out
VoIP