Downloads being automatically deleted

Internet

Vervain is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Downloads being automatically deleted
I'm currently running Vista Home Premium and recently my downloads have started being automatically deleted upon completion of the download. I've had a look in the destination folders whilst files are downloading and the files are there, but as soon as the download completes the files will disapear. This is happening no matter what browser I use, yet updates to games seem to download fine when they are downloaded through the games themselves as opposed to a browser.

Does anyone have any clue as to how I could fix this?

harleyheritage is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Downloads being automatically deleted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vervain View Post
I'm currently running Vista Home Premium and recently my downloads have started being automatically deleted upon completion of the download. I've had a look in the destination folders whilst files are downloading and the files are there, but as soon as the download completes the files will disapear. This is happening no matter what browser I use, yet updates to games seem to download fine when they are downloaded through the games themselves as opposed to a browser.

Does anyone have any clue as to how I could fix this?
I have the same problem, which only seemed to start about end of Sept. 2012. Other users report same issue but link it to Google Chrome and say that Firefox and IE are OK but I have the problem with all browsers. The file downloads OK up to the point of virus scan and then shows as "Removed" or the "Open" option is not available, depending on which browser I have tried. I have uninstalled Chrome, but still no success with other 2 browsers. It has to be something that has automatically updated and loaded itself on my system. It's not a Windows update as that is blocked from auto updates, I am thinking Google installer updates. I have tried a system restore 3 times and each time has been unsuccessful. Now my restore points only go back to 3 October, after the problem started. Anybody any ideas or suggestions?

harleyheritage is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Downloads being automatically deleted
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyheritage View Post
I have the same problem, which only seemed to start about end of Sept. 2012. Other users report same issue but link it to Google Chrome and say that Firefox and IE are OK but I have the problem with all browsers. The file downloads OK up to the point of virus scan and then shows as "Removed" or the "Open" option is not available, depending on which browser I have tried. I have uninstalled Chrome, but still no success with other 2 browsers. It has to be something that has automatically updated and loaded itself on my system. It's not a Windows update as that is blocked from auto updates, I am thinking Google installer updates. I have tried a system restore 3 times and each time has been unsuccessful. Now my restore points only go back to 3 October, after the problem started. Anybody any ideas or suggestions?
I have just modified "about:config" file in Firefox to amend the entry "browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone" to "false" and this now works. The downloaded file is added to my specified directory. Obviously the BIG RISK is that the downloaded file is not virus-scanned so this needs to be done manually as a matter of routine urgency.

iphonex is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Downloads being automatically deleted
Which browser are you using. Use chrome it will fix your problem.