Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

SSL with

Internet






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2008
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1
servion is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSL with
I'm stumped on this one. I'm having some weird problems trying to access sites using SSL from IE7 and IE8beta2, but only with the 32 bit version. I'm running Vista Ultimate 64, and if I hit any https site using firefox or the 64-bit version of IE, they work just fine. If I use the 32-bit IE, it doesn't display at all. An example site is Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! -> click login.

Running the 32-bit IE with no addons disabled (via: C:\program files (x86)\internet explorer\iexplore -extoff) yields the same results. I have ran through all the things I can think of (enabling ssl, in advanced internet options, etc.).

Here's where it gets weird.

I decided to use MS Network Monitor 3.2 (free download on the ms site) to log the packets being passed around to try and get more info.

With both browers (working and non-working), I get a packet like this (which looks normal to me):

188 18.976085 {SSL:5, TCP:4, IPv4:3} <ip addresses> SSL SSL: Change Cipher Spec. Encrypted Handshake Message.

Shortly following this packet, whenever I hit an SSL site using 32-bit IE, I always end with an entry like:

192 19.166294 {TCP:4, IPv4:3} <ip addresses> TCP TCP:[Segment Lost]Flags=...A...., SrcPort=49326, DstPort=HTTPS(443), PayloadLen=0, Seq=2913361907, Ack=2285544626, Win=17377 (scale factor 0x0) = 17377

Expanding said entry reveals:

...
Checksum: 0x563, Disregarded

Examining the logs from both working browsers (ie 64 and firefox) yields a bunch of application data, etc and all is well

Looks like I'm dropping TCP packets due to bad checksum's, which would lead me to look at cable modem/router/network card/drivers, except that its fine with other browsers? I did reinstall my NIC driver with no luck. Also did a hard reset of my cable modem/router. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:54.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120