very confused canot get internet on desktop pc but can on laptop

Internet

firzeh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
very confused canot get internet on desktop pc but can on laptop
hey so anyway i have a very wierd problem with my vista desktop pc i am using a apple airport express wireless router and can connect on my laptop which is windows xp fine but cannot on my desktop pc.

so far ive found out that when i do ipconfig it says media disconnected, my piv6 is limited. but the strange thing is it says im connected to the internet when i go to network and sharing center there is nothig wrong it shows my computer the router and the globe (which is telling us that its connected to the internet).... ive tried to disable ipv6, ive tried the whole cmd command netsh int ip reset thingie all that and nothing. when i open up internet exploerer it just goes internet explorer cannot display this page etc. if i click diagnose it says there is no problems with it at alll... i have tried typing in other web adresses a;sp deleting all browsing history reseting and restoring internet explorer defaults and still nothing so.... i got no clue hope you can help

schumacher6 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: very confused canot get internet on desktop pc but can on laptop
have you tryed scanning for adware and spyware

firzeh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: very confused canot get internet on desktop pc but can on laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumacher6 View Post
have you tryed scanning for adware and spyware

yeah mate nothing came up at all unfortunately
shanks_07's Avatar

shanks_07 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: very confused canot get internet on desktop pc but can on laptop
Try it in safe mode with Networking through Windows advanced boot options as you are saying the N & S center shows its connected to internet..if it works there try disabling all addons in IE..or Reset Websettings in IE ..or in safe mode download Mozilla and install it in normal mode and check...even if Mozilla has the same problem in normal mode..then uninstall and reinstall you antivirus program what ever it is it should defnitely work

firzeh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: very confused canot get internet on desktop pc but can on laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanks_07 View Post
Try it in safe mode with Networking through Windows advanced boot options as you are saying the N & S center shows its connected to internet..if it works there try disabling all addons in IE..or Reset Websettings in IE ..or in safe mode download Mozilla and install it in normal mode and check...even if Mozilla has the same problem in normal mode..then uninstall and reinstall you antivirus program what ever it is it should defnitely work

well the good thing is it worked in safe mode. i tried disabling all addons in ie and resetting only worked in safe mode, installed mozilla works in safe mode not in normal but im abit hesitant to uninstaling my anti virus as i do not know where to download it again. i have trend micro internet security 2009 i may have the deails somewhere but is there anyother thing i may be able to try