Internet cuts out and vista becomes very laggy

Internet

XZ3R0 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Internet cuts out and vista becomes very laggy
When there is heavy data transfer (bittorrent or streaming video to my 360) my internet connection completely cuts out. It is not my router or isp, or hardware. It has to be something in vista.
Along with the Internet cutting out everything in vista becomes laggy and freezes. When i move my mouse there is a delay and then it begins to move a few seconds after and it will peridicaly freeze up untill locking up complely requireing a reboot. Iv googled for the solution for hours can anyone help me out?

Also another unrelated problem, my start menu has no icons on it besides the upper("perminate") ones that i have.

xjessie007 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Internet cuts out and vista becomes very laggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZ3R0 View Post
When there is heavy data transfer (bittorrent or streaming video to my 360) my internet connection completely cuts out. It is not my router or isp, or hardware. It has to be something in vista.
Along with the Internet cutting out everything in vista becomes laggy and freezes. When i move my mouse there is a delay and then it begins to move a few seconds after and it will peridicaly freeze up untill locking up complely requireing a reboot. Iv googled for the solution for hours can anyone help me out?

Also another unrelated problem, my start menu has no icons on it besides the upper("perminate") ones that i have.

I agree with you, I have exactly the same problem, and it really sux. The internet connection almost like dies for 10-20 seconds and then either resumes or sometimes even fails completely. I did not have this problem with XPs, so I also think it must be something in Vistas.

__________________
ISO 27001 Blade server grid computing FollowSymLinks Order allow,deny

XZ3R0 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Internet cuts out and vista becomes very laggy
Doesn't sound like the exact same problem if you even have a chance to resume connection. My whole comp would lock up when this happened. but i figured it. It was my antivirus (Bitdefender). I uninstalled it and never had the problem again. Guess i mess it up somehow.

xjessie007 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Internet cuts out and vista becomes very laggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZ3R0 View Post
Doesn't sound like the exact same problem if you even have a chance to resume connection. My whole comp would lock up when this happened. but i figured it. It was my antivirus (Bitdefender). I uninstalled it and never had the problem again. Guess i mess it up somehow.
Oh, sorry, I am reading it again, I missed that you have to reboot your computer when it freezes. My computer freezes temporarily. But it did die completely a few times too. Glad you have solved it.