How do I stop windows vista from closing all internet explorer windows when I close one window?

Internet

Bandie08 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How do I stop windows vista from closing all internet explorer windows when I close one window?
ok every time I try to close my internet explorer my internet explorer window goes transparent and theres a pop up message saying that internet explorer stopped working and closes all the internet explorer windows I have open and then after awhile it restarts the internet explorer in a new window how do I fix this problem? this is so frusturating

lakesidemom is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How do I stop windows vista from closing all internet explorer windows when I close one window?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandie08 View Post
ok every time I try to close my internet explorer my internet explorer window goes transparent and theres a pop up message saying that internet explorer stopped working and closes all the internet explorer windows I have open and then after awhile it restarts the internet explorer in a new window how do I fix this problem? this is so frusturating

I am having the same problem. Can someone please help me fix this?

ealo is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How do I stop windows vista from closing all internet explorer windows when I close one window?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesidemom View Post
I am having the same problem. Can someone please help me fix this?
I am also having the same problem, I think it may have Started when I did the windows update. but I am having a hard time with IE. Is there any one who can HELP with this problem without doing a system restore. Tyvm for any help

kbear is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: How do I stop windows vista from closing all internet explorer windows when I close one window?
Step1
Click on the START MENU, then RUN. A dialog box will open up with a place to type.
Step2
In the dialog box, type in inetcpl.cpl, then enter. This will open up the internet explorer options box. In this box there are a couple of tabs at the top, General, Security, Privacy, Content, Connections, Programs, and Advanced.
Step3
Click on the advanced tab, then click the button that says reset. This will reset all internet explorer options like add ons and toolbars. I hope this fixes your problems, feel free to leave a comment to let me know if this helped you or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to kbear For This Useful Post:

ealo is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How do I stop windows vista from closing all internet explorer windows when I close one window?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ealo View Post
I am also having the same problem, I think it may have Started when I did the windows update. but I am having a hard time with IE. Is there any one who can HELP with this problem without doing a system restore. Tyvm for any help
Sorry I ended up buy a new computer. I reinstalled windows with a fresh new start and it did the same thing. Before I did that I did a virus scan and spyware and everything else with no results. So I had to buy a new pc. But thank you for responding to my post Ealo

I will keep that in mind should it happen again But hopefully it won't.

huggie54 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: How do I stop windows vista from closing all internet explorer windows when I close one window?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ealo View Post
Sorry I ended up buy a new computer. I reinstalled windows with a fresh new start and it did the same thing. Before I did that I did a virus scan and spyware and everything else with no results. So I had to buy a new pc. But thank you for responding to my post Ealo

I will keep that in mind should it happen again But hopefully it won't.
I dont know why but turning off user accounts in control panel worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to huggie54 For This Useful Post:

ealo is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How do I stop windows vista from closing all internet explorer windows when I close one window?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggie54 View Post
I dont know why but turning off user accounts in control panel worked for me.

I had tried that and it still didn't work. I did a reset on the internet, reinstalled windows from scratch. Nothing seemed to work. It's just weird. But thank you for your suggestion